We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Our goal is to be the trusted bridge to the cryptoeconomy for the 200 trillion in assets managed by Institutions to help realize Coinbase's mission of increasing global economic freedom. This means building and maintaining highly secure, comprehensive and scalable solutions for the world’s most sophisticated customers to invest in digital assets, access crypto powered financial services or build their own crypto businesses.
Coinbase stores and facilitates hundreds of billions of dollars worth of crypto transactions for the biggest names in both crypto and finance. We take on hard engineering problems at the intersection of cryptography, blockchain, finance, security, algorithms, data and distributed, decentralized systems.
As a Product Manager focused on trading for our Institutional audience, you will be responsible for providing the experiences, infrastructure and insights these customers need to efficiently and safely complete any crypto transaction with confidence and ease. You will ship user interfaces, algorithms and APIs that enable traders, investors, intermediaries and advisors to plan and execute any crypto transaction in the spot, derivatives or DeFi markets. As a member of a small team working on a quickly growing product with broad impact, you will own the overall strategy, execution and success of a large product surface area.
Our team is deeply passionate about our customers, continuous learning and excited about the opportunities unlocked by crypto. We act like owners in helping fulfill Coinbase's mission through efficient execution, clear communication and repeatable innovation and approach it with a focus on results, rest and positive energy. More on Coinbase's culture and values.
- Lead the development of a vision and multi-quarter roadmap for your product area by synthesizing market needs, customer, competitive and sales insight
- Build excitement and understanding with the broad team on product opportunities and clearly document requirements, key tradeoffs for execution efficiency
- Drive alignment with cross-functional team members and executives around your product vision and plan as well as navigate around constraints and mitigate potential risks
- Work closely with engineering, design and cross-functional partners to efficiently build, launch and scale usage of new features and products
- Define and measure product success and excellence metrics, key results to focus and prioritize the highest impact efforts
- 5+ years of product management experience, preferably with B2B, financial markets experience
- Exceptional interpersonal communication, relationship management, and organizational skills
- Strong analytical, prioritization, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated passion for crypto and the Coinbase mission
- An entrepreneurial mindset with willingness to embrace a dynamic environment
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $170,000 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.