As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
About the Role & Team
We will consider candidates at all experience levels. This is a fully remote role and we will consider applicants based throughout the world.
The Kraken Crypto Platform team is focused on the development of a variety of crypto focused products that empower our customers to generate value by bridging on-chain technologies with our world class infrastructure. Product Managers will be responsible for areas of research and product management within Kraken’s crypto ecosystem of products including digital asset listings, staking, DeFi, Polkadot and Kusama parachains. Responsibilities may include research on projects across multiple L1 chains and L2 protocols, communication with relevant project teams, close collaboration with our business teams on potential partnerships, detailing of product requirements, and end-to-end execution together with the technology and service teams.
The successful candidate should thrive in a security-focused, collaborative, process-driven environment and be able to easily adapt and adjust to change without sacrificing the product vision. The position requires interaction with a wide variety of internal stakeholders at various levels of the organization. Candidates must possess the ability to clearly articulate the rationale behind decisions to business, compliance, technology and client-facing stakeholders. They must also have exceptional project management skills.
We are looking for people with product experiences in any of the following areas:
The successful candidate should thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, process-driven environment and be able to adapt and adjust plans on-the-fly. The position requires interaction with a wide variety of internal stakeholders at various levels of the organization. Candidates must possess the ability and willingness to balance consumer needs with business priorities and articulate the rationale behind decisions.
- Work directly with engineering, business, marketing and other teams to deliver innovative products that can generate improved value to our customers
- Stay up-to-date on the latest technical developments and trends in blockchain networks, custodial and non-custodial staking and DeFi applications and protocols across multiple token communities in order to assess opportunities/risks for Kraken crypto platform products
- Drive the research, design, development of innovative products across staking, DeFi, parachains, and digital asset networks
- Identify new cross-chain/layer product opportunities and possible synergies/efficiency gains
- Work closely with and support product decision-making with fellow Kraken crypto ecosystem stakeholders
- Performance tracking, KPI management and analysis in collaboration with business teams
- Plan relevant testing phases, rollout and product delivery
- Facilitate communication across all project phases and proactively alert management of changes to scope, timelines and resources
- Deep understanding of yield-generating crypto protocols, and the ecosystem they are built on, their lifecycle, roadmap, community and the potential impact of integrating the project on Kraken
- Deep understanding of existing and upcoming decentralized applications, protocol upgrades, initiatives, tools, and trends plus overview of the ongoing research in the area
- Ability to gauge the business and technological impact of an project, protocol, dapp, tool, or community
- Understanding of the compliance and regulatory requirements around yield-generating protocols, and crypto assets in general
- Knowledge of the cryptocurrency exchange space
- Solution oriented, highly-motivated and proactive self-starter
- Macro-to-micro versatility: strategic mindset coupled with a keen attention to detail
- Well-rounded interpersonal skills, and experience interacting with diverse personalities
- Deep understanding of project management principles and best practices
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Prior crypto, trading, gaming, banking or fintech relevant experience is required
Location Tagging: #US #EU
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Kraken Culture Explained
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn
More Information on Kraken Digital Asset Exchange
Kraken Digital Asset Exchange operates in the Blockchain industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. Kraken Digital Asset Exchange was founded in 2011. It has 367 total employees. To see all 210 open jobs at Kraken Digital Asset Exchange, click here.
Read Full Job Description