Product Information Coordinator - Manila, PH at Balsam Brands (Remote)
About Balsam Brands: Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading website such as www.BalsamHill.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
In 2021, Balsam International, our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines, received the Great Place To Work recognition which is a testament to the People First culture that we have built over the years. Functioning remotely since 2010, our team of hard-working, passionate professionals contributes significantly to the company's success. Team members in the Philippines get a company-issued laptop on their first day and enjoy full employee benefits including mandatories (SSS, PAG-IBIG, PhilHealth), 13th month pay, healthcare coverage +2 dependents, internet subsidy (after regularization), continuous learning benefits, access to counseling sessions, paid time off (including volunteer days and holiday breaks). The meal subsidies, company trips and other perks are just the cherry on top of the permanent work-from-home setup.Job Description
Balsam International is looking for a talented and driven individual to join our eCommerce team. The Product Information Coordinator will be responsible for maintaining our digital database and ensuring product data feed to our site correctly, providing an excellent user-experience across our portfolio of eCommerce websites. You will assist in implementing site content updates to our various systems, to not only maintain an organized database, but also ensure that the standards for uploading, naming, and categorizing metadata are met. Our ideal candidate is extremely detail-oriented and is interested in maintaining, organizing, and auditing data. You should possess a can-do attitude, strong organizational skills, a great collaborative spirit and an eye towards continual improvement.
What you’ll be doing:
- Act as a stakeholder in the product life cycle processes – from on-boarding (NPI) to retirement; by supporting process execution across multiple teams and systems that support the overall digital product assortment which include:
- Entering product information from various data sources into the company database while ensuring correctness of information.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to ensure that complete product data is collected from relevant sources.
- Assisting with ticket validation and implementing fixes for product-related issues on the staging environment to ensure readiness of relevant site pages prior to pushing to production.
- Assist the cross-functional teams in in triaging, validating, and executing customer-facing product information changes requests.
- Track updates and audit websites to ensure desired metadata updates reflect accurately.
- Help troubleshoot data issues by using knowledge of our tools and data.
- Follow and maintain standards for data organization.
- Actively communicate with teams in other geographies about the status of projects and priorities.
- Conduct routine site audits throughout several web properties including product content and general ongoing content optimization updates to ensure website is working as expected across multiple devices and top traffic platforms.
- Gain a deep understanding of the Product Information Management (PIM) tool to support the day-to-day needs relating to product metadata.
- Proactively identify areas where there is a need for documentation and inform appropriate team members accordingly.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree with preference on the field of Information Sciences.
- Basic to intermediate skills in Excel or similar applications.
- A keen eye for detail; can easily spot patterns and any inconsistencies.
- Passion for and patience in ensuring accurate and complete product data.
- Critical thinking skills with ability to organize, maintain, process and evaluate massive amount of data and complex issues.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision, including ability to efficiently balance multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work well with others cross-functionally and across various levels in the organization.
- Fast-learner who can quickly get up to speed with tools and processes, and has the willingness to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent and fluent in verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Possesses basic to intermediate skills in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Product Information Management (PIM) platform is a plus.
Location: The Product Information Coordinator position is a long-term remote working position for Balsam International Unlimited Philippine ROHQ in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are located within Metro Manila, Cavite, Rizal, Bulacan or certain parts of Laguna only (Biñan, Cabuyao, Calamba, Los Baños, San Pedro and Santa Rosa).
- Must be willing to attend occasional in-person meetings depending on the status of the pandemic. For 2022, all in-person gatherings in Balsam are suspended until further notice.
- Must have a fast, reliable DSL, Fiber, or Broadband connection (not mobile or broadband stick) as the primary internet connection with a minimum actual speed of 10MBPS.
- Must have a back-up internet connection of the same speed if primary connection becomes spotty.
Note: An online assessment will also be part of the recruitment process.
Status: Full Time
Hardware Provision: Company-issued laptop will be provided on the first day.
What we offer team members:
- Government-mandated Benefits (SSS, PAG-IBIG, PhilHealth)
- 13th Month Pay
- Paid Leaves. We use time off to rest, go on vacation, or just sleep in! Our paid time off is flexible to our needs.
- Internet Subsidy. With internet allowance, we are set up for success.
- Healthcare Coverage (+ 2 dependents). We worry less about rising medical costs with flexible quality healthcare benefits.
- Maternity, Paternity, and Solo Parent Benefit. We make sure parents are supported while they navigate work and family life.
- Continuous Learning and Professional Development Benefit. Our professional and personal development are fully supported. Whether it be online courses, workshops or books!
- Mental Health Support. We manage work and life's challenges through Mental Health Day breaks, 24/7 professional counselling, and curated webinars.
- Company Incentive. An additional cash-based perk for all our Brandits based on company's performance.
- Meeting & Team Building Allowance. Happy tummies make our meetings more fun and productive!
- Shutdown Week. We can spend more time on things that matter with an additional one week paid time off on top of paid leaves.
- Volunteer Time Off. With two paid days off, we are able to volunteer for advocacies we believe in.
- Bereavement Leave. We get additional paid leaves when a loved one passes to grieve and provide immediate support to our families.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.