Manager of Data and Product Partnerships at Credit Karma (Charlotte, NC)
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 110 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
At Credit Karma, we pride ourselves on being a data-driven company. Data enables us to build innovative products, extend our mission, and make informed decisions. We’re looking for a Manager to join our Data and Product Partnerships team, which manages all of Credit Karma’s data and technology partnerships across the company, from auto data providers to identity monitoring services.
In this role you will lead strategy development, negotiate partnership deals, and improve our technical integrations. Through your efforts leading our partnership strategy and execution, you will help deliver the mission for Credit Karma's more than 100+ million members.
What you’ll do:
- Developing partner strategy and evaluating new product / data offerings to assess fit with and value to Credit Karma
- Managing the broader pipeline of projects spanning new business development opportunities and technical integrations
- Structuring and negotiating complex deals with data and technology partnerships
- Quarterbacking the end-to-end deal process for data or technology across cross-functional teams, including but not limited to Product, Engineering, Legal, and Finance
- Collaborating to integrate with, on-board, and make use of new data assets and technology
- Develop frameworks, processes, and monitoring to measure the performance and business value of our partner relationships
What’s great about the role:
- Help lead data and product partnerships strategy and business development for Credit Karma’s Growth verticals: Autos, Insurance, and Mortgage
- Access to Credit Karma’s business unit leadership and high engagement with leaders at external companies
- Work in a highly cross-functional, collaborative environment across Product, Marketing, Business Development, Engineering, Finance, and Analytics.
- Use strategy development, analytical skills, and relationship experience to build key initiatives with both new and existing partners
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university, or at least 5 years of related business experience and a track record of continuous professional development
What we would like to see:
- 5+ years business experience, preferably in business development, partnerships, management consulting, investment banking, data analytics, or related field
- Partner leader - Develops relationships while serving as a trusted advisor with key partners
- Problem solver - Analytic mindset, comfortable with ambiguity, capable of structuring business and data strategies independently in fast-paced environment
- Proven deal-maker - Experience managing the full cycle all the way through deal close. Skilled in influencing external partners and internal stakeholders
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills - Skilled in utilizing data and analytics to drive improved business cases and value monitoring
- Experienced in SQL, knowledge of Excel/Google Sheets
- Team player / collaborator - Proven ability to collaborate with Product and Engineering functions and experience with technical integrations/on-boarding
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Retirement Plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness perks
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Baby Bonding, Cultural Observance, & More)
- Education Perks
- Paid Gift Week in December
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Please contact [email protected] if you are interested in employment with Credit Karma and need special assistance or an accommodation to either apply or interview for a specific role.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated (including eligible boosters) against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies:
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)