Manager, Accounting Services - Product and Enablement at DebtBook (Charlotte, NC)
Who We Are
DebtBook is an industry-leading fintech software platform that revolutionizes the way local governments, higher education, healthcare organizations and their finance teams work. Our powerful, cloud-based software helps these organizations manage all aspects of their debt, leases, and subscriptions, streamline financial reporting, and share information simply with others.
About the Role
Reporting to the VP, Accounting Product and Enablement, the Manager of Accounting Services - Product and Enablement will assist the product and engineering team with delivery of the product roadmap while leading a team of accounting professionals who provide subject matter expertise. Deeply entrenched in the application, you and your team serve as a resource in how our platform is shaped and continually improved. You’ll collaborate closely with product managers and software engineers on all aspects of accounting functionality, from accounting analysis for product features, to product design. You will also participate in ensuring the quality of all accounting functionality and accounting services provided by DebtBook.
What You’ll Do
- Document accounting analysis to support DebtBook’s ongoing product development;
- Lead a team of four accounting product enablement associates tasked with accounting research responsibilities, reviewing the team’s accounting analysis documents;
- Collaborate closely with the product development team to review product development progress and provide further analysis when needed.;
- Review completed product updates to ensure that features were implemented appropriately;
- Collaborate closely with the client operations team to prioritize future product development;
- Assist team members and clients with accounting related questions and product related questions.
If you had joined us in the last six weeks, you would have helped us shape and deliver several key features for our lease product, guided associate level subject matter experts on testing features across all products and researched requirements for new features we will be developing over the next several months.
What You Bring
- 3+ years of public accounting experience, CPA preferred
- Experience leading a project or team
- A passion for technology and how it can transform organizations
- Comfort in a fast-moving and collaborative environment.
- Bonus points for: Governmental, non-profit, SaaS experience, familiarity with new lease standards.
Proud to be named one of the “Best Places to Work” by Charlotte’s Business Journal, DebtBook is a fast-growing company where we dream big, move fast, make an impact, and bring joy to everything we do. Our core values drive our success as an organization, and we are looking for talented teammates who share our passion for challenging the status quo, innovating in all we do, and wanting to make a difference.
When it comes to benefits and perks, we are committed to supporting our employees’ well-being to make their lives better, both in and out of the office. We offer:
- Competitive salaries plus equity (stock options) for all employees;
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with 4% employer match
- Flexible work schedules and generous leave policies (including unlimited PTO)
- Professional development opportunities and tuition reimbursement
- Family and wellness perks
- Monthly get-togethers
- Top-of-the-line equipment, and a newly furnished office
DebtBook is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and prohibit discrimination and unlawful harassment in the workplace. All applicants will receive consideration for employment based upon their qualifications without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information, political affiliation, National Guard or veteran status, disability, or any other protected status under federal, state, or local law. We welcome and encourage applicants with disabilities to contact our team for assistance during the application and hiring process. We are committed to expanding accessibility and making reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable law.