Leader, Product Management - Meraki Switch at Cisco Meraki (San Francisco, CA)
The Cisco Meraki team is seeking a PM Leader to lead the Switching team. This opportunity will include leadership as well as growing a small, dedicated team. You'll be joining one of the fastest-growing product lines at Meraki, MS Switch.
Outstanding success has been achieved in a short time, but how do you scale this even further while also taking this from a billion to many billions of dollars? Most importantly, what do you do right now to make an impact?
By utilizing our many outstanding technologies and infrastructure components already in use at Meraki, you will have the opportunity to evolve a product at a scale that would seem impossible to most. All of this is made possible by partnering with a diverse and exceptionally hard-working collection of people.
This is a unique opportunity to take a leading product in the established switching market and re-think what’s possible. You'll benefit from Meraki’s agile startup culture and combine it with the scale and resources of Cisco to redefine how customers see the network switching experience.
Why Cisco Meraki?
We connect everything! People, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking results-oriented risks to craft the technologies that give us connected cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unusual personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns.
We are encouraging leaders, tech enthusiasts, social media users, and we even have a few purple-haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that drive our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco Meraki.What to expect in the role:
- Directly leading and growing a diverse team of dedicated product managers.
- Hiring experienced staff and mentoring emerging talent across the team.
- The “product” is the team, and the team comes before the product.
- Collaborating with departmental leaders in engineering, sales, marketing, & finance.
- Using your excellent market and customer knowledge to guide our team on defining and executing a multi-year roadmap.
- Owning ultimate responsibility for everything related to your product families.
- You will be involved in everything. Your mission is to work out what will make the difference at any given time and focus on impacting that outcome when there isn’t time to do everything.
- Motivating our sales team and learning from key customers across diverse segments.
- Spending up to 10% of your time traveling to see customers and industry events when it's eventually safe to do so.
- A leader with exceptional interpersonal skills capable of motivating a diverse team.
- A manager who cares deeply about the individuals under their care.
- Someone with a curious nature with a love of networking and ground-breaking technologies.
- Customer empathy, but with the critical thinking needed to ask the complicated questions.
- An abstract problem solver who can spot the patterns of high-value customer problems.
- Being able to distill complicated ideas into just the right number of words.
- A storyteller, a natural passion for the product, a salesperson in disguise.
- A strong background in networking technologies.
- The ability to use data to prove or disprove possible product directions.
- An entrepreneurial, forward-thinking demeanor with a strong sense of product quality.
- At least 2 years experience as a people leader of a growing team.
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.