Lead Product Designer at Side
| San Francisco, CA
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:28 p.m. (CST) on Monday, November 15, 2021
At Side, we believe everyone should own their path.
Side is the only real estate brokerage platform exclusively for the nation’s best agents. Based on its belief that homeownership is a fundamental human right, we provide top-performing real estate agents, teams, and independent brokerages with the best system, support, and service, in order to elevate the experience and results of buyers and sellers.
Side is led by experienced industry professionals and world-class engineers who develop technology designed to improve agent productivity and enhance the client experience. The company is backed by over $250M in funding from top tier venture capital firms, including Coatue Management, Tiger Global Management, D1 Capital Partners, Sapphire Ventures, Trinity Ventures, Matrix Partners, and 8VC. Side currently partners with agents in California, Texas, and Florida, with plans to expand nationally in the coming months.
At Side, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate and innovate your way to success. Becoming an inSider means that you’ll be empowering business leaders to become business owners, all while forging your own path with like-minded entrepreneurs. Join us at Side and own your career, your impact, and your life!
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Product Team is small but mighty and responsible for our three product areas: Transaction Management Platform, Internal Business Systems, and Growth Marketing. We are in a unique position of having easy access to our customers for regular input and feedback loops, which is key to us building great products. We believe that collaboration, teamwork, and communication are critical to the product development process.
We are a distributed team, however the majority of the Product Team is located out of our San Francisco office, once we return to the physical office. Remote roles will be considered within the United States.
ABOUT THE ROLE
At Side, the Product Design team owns the end-to-end customer-facing solution process, from leading research studies, to creating prototypes, to bringing designs to life through high fidelity designs. Reporting to the Director of Product Design, the Lead Product Designer will be responsible for leading the customer-facing initiatives that our Internal Tools team produces, working closely with our Product Management and Engineering (MIS) teams. You’ll be responsible for helping to develop products that delight our customers and enable our internal teams to optimize day-to-day operations.
The ideal candidate will be an evangelist for user-centered design and ensure the customer is top-of-mind whenever we design products and experiences. The right candidate will balance research, data insights, and thoughtful design with a highly practical approach and a bias for action.
Being a young team, you will have the opportunity for immediate, meaningful impact and help shape the way we build products together. We’re at a formative stage in the team’s next-level growth, and we’re looking for a team member to help provide mentorship and guidance to other designers as well as contribute to vision and strategy alongside design leadership.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Lead multiple design projects across different product development lifecycles
- Partner with the Product Managers, Engineers, and internal stakeholders to understand and contribute to the definition of problems & goals
- Analyze Back & Front office needs across internal and external touchpoints of our experiences
- Foster a design approach grounded in customer research and analytics
- Facilitate design thinking activities as needed to drive optimal outcomes
- Create high-quality wireframes, mocks, and cross-platform interactive prototypes to help define the best solutions
- Advocate for design by sharing work cross-functionally, while being able to precisely articulate design rationale
- Design useful, highly usable, and delightful experiences for our real estate agents and internal teams
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU A STRONG FIT FOR THE ROLE?
- 7+ years of experience with end-to-end Product Design
- Motivated self-starter who can deeply collaborate with other disciplines including product management, engineering, research, and analytics
- Comfortable leading research studies/user tests and interfacing with external stakeholders
- Possess a Service Design approach or a desire to perform broad-system understandings of complex workflows and customer touchpoints
- Excellent communication skills and a strong collaborator with cross-functional teams
- Shipped products in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- Applied knowledge for designing across multiple screens and devices
- Experience designing complex workflows and applying systems-level thinking
- Highly proficient with design tools (Sketch, Figma, etc.)
- Highly proficient with interactive prototyping, version control & design workflow management tools (e.g. Invision, Abstract)
WHAT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVES?
- Degree in User Experience Design, Human Factors or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Experience in Enterprise/B2B
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum
- Experience in the Real Estate industry
- Competitive salary plus bonus opportunity
- Equity options
- Best-in-class benefits, including 100% healthcare coverage (medical, vision and dental)
- Flexible PTO
- $1,000/year for learning and development
- Pet friendly environment
Side is dedicated to working with the highest skilled people from the most inclusive talent pool feasible. We maintain that diversity in all aspects leads to positive change, solutions and innovation for our customers and career fulfillment for our employees. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply!
Side uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Our stewardship of the data of many of our customers means that a background and DRE license check is required to join Side. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Read Full Job Description