IT Product Manager at Floor & Decor (Atlanta, GA)
This position supports an IT organization with enterprise-wide responsibilities for the development, implementation and support of complex systems that conform to Floor & Decor's systems standards and methodology. In addition, the individual in this role will be engaged and responsible for both long terms planning of IT Product feature delivery as well as tactical execution in defining IT Product requirements from business stakeholders, prioritizing the IT Team backlog and approving completed development efforts.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Business Management (relevant experience can be substituted for the required education based on one calendar year of experience for one academic year of education)
- 2+ years of product management or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company
- Proficiency with Agile methodologies and participation in daily scrum and backlog refinement meetings
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time as they are in various stages of development and deployment
- Proven business, infrastructure and support problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Exhibits leadership skills as part of a Scrum Team
- Must be detail-oriented, highly organized and results driven
POSITION PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience as Product Owner/Manager in IT
- Experience as Product Owner/Manager for retail organization(s)
- Proficient with sprint management tools such as Jira
- Ability to quickly grasp and learn new tools and technologies as needed to complete job tasks
- Consistently demonstrates a thorough understanding of customer requirements and offer suggestions to improve user experience
- Partners with Business Stakeholders regularly to align on IT Product vision and needs
- Creates, maintains and prioritizes team backlog by holding weekly Backlog Refinement sessions with Business Stakeholders and Scrum Team
- Creates IT Product/Team Quarterly Plan and communicates to applicable stakeholders
- Attends Sprint Ceremonies and is readily accessible for Scrum Team
- Ensure story acceptance criteria is met by all scrum team members by approving all stories upon completion of development
- Drives the planning, coordination and details of projects for the Scrum Team
- Ability to communicate clearly and present complex information to users by translating technical information for non-technical stakeholders
- Leads Scrum Team in partnership with Scrum Master and Development Manager
- Leads Executive/Senior Management level meetings for review and/or prioritization of Product/Team Roadmap
Working Conditions (travel, hours, environment)
- The noise level in the work environment is typically quiet to moderate
Sedentary Work - Ability to exert 10 - 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
Note: Floor & Decor considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or familial status, veteran status, or based on any other class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Floor & Decor also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer at its sole discretion.
Benefits & Rewards
- Bonus opportunities at every level
- Career advancement opportunities
- Relocation opportunities across the country
- 401k with discretionary company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Referral Bonus Program
- Corporate Discount Programs
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and other Insurance Plans (subject to eligibility criteria)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Floor & Decor is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all associates and applicants. F&D recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, testing, screening, hiring, selection for training, upgrading, transfer, demotion, layoff, discipline, termination, compensation, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. This policy and the law prohibit employment discrimination against any associate or applicant on the basis of any legally protected status outlined above.