While we don't have Product Engineering positions available right now, we'd love to learn about your experience! We'll save your resume for our next round of hiring.
A little bit about our incredible Product Engineering team:
The Product Engineering team here at Earnest is responsible for building the software that is revolutionizing consumer lending, the loan approval process, (making it more human) and assisting our users in responsibly managing student loan debt. Our engineering team designs, develops, builds, and implements consumer facing products optimized to create the best client experience. Our team is responsible for building and iterating on a modern, extensible platform that allows us to move faster over time.
More importantly, instead of just focusing only on the technical aspects, our engineers are equally concerned about the user experience (UX) and technology infrastructure. We get involved with product discovery early in the process so we can be part of the entire project scope lifecycle. This includes being able to provide expertise, costs and estimates, define the scope, as well as deliver on the solutions and meet the project specifications.
Our tech stack includes React & Redux on the Front End, with NodeJS on the back. We deploy services in Docker & K8S on AWS and we integrate with other internal microservices (written mostly in NodeJS and Scala) and store the bulk of our data in PostgreSQL and S3.
Earnies are committed to helping students live their best lives, free from the stress of student debt. If you’re as passionate as we are about our mission, read more below, and let’s build something great together!
What makes an “Earnie” culture:
- Drivers – Drivers are satisfied by making things happen, not coming along for the ride. They feel a strong sense of ownership for their projects and teams and demand high standards from themselves and others.
- Humility – Humble team players check their egos and consider the team’s needs above their own. They are self-aware of their strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- Growth Mindset – People with a growth mindset approach challenges and failures as learning opportunities. They seek feedback to improve, give feedback to others, and genuinely want to perform well.
Earnest believes in enabling our employees to live their best lives. We offer a variety of perks and competitive benefits that include:
- Health, Dental, & Vision benefits plus savings plans
- Work anywhere in the U.S.
- Mac computers + work from home stipend to set up your home office
- Monthly internet and phone reimbursement
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) plan to help you save for retirement plus a company match
- Robust tuition reimbursement program
- $1,000 travel perk on each Earnie-versary to anywhere in the world
- Competitive days of annual PTO
- Annual “my day”
- Pet insurance!
- Competitive parental leave
- Plenty of Earnest swag, optional in person team gatherings, picnics, celebrations, and plenty of fun virtual events
At Earnest, we are committed to building an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging enables us to move forward with our mission. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage anyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Earnest provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.