Who We Are
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. The Motive Automated Operations Platform combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to automate vehicle and equipment tracking, driver safety, compliance, maintenance, spend management, and more. Motive serves more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
About the Role:
We are looking for an outstanding Workplace Experience Specialist to help keep our office running smoothly, create innovative ways for our employees to connect and collaborate, and continue to help with our efforts with re-entering our workplaces. The ideal person understands that the “workplace” is dynamic, and is both in-person and virtual. While the majority of our employees are working remotely right now, we will have a mix of employees working remotely and in the office.
This role is based out of our San Francisco Office and reports to the Workplace Experience Manager. In this role, you would oversee the day-to-day workplace operations and be a culture champion through the implementation of employee recognition programs and creative virtual and in-person events for employee connection. You will also have the opportunity to assist with projects that impact both the entire workplace and the company.
This position requires a high level of customer service, project management skills, collaboration, and transparency. We are seeking someone who is creative, organized, and obsessed with the workplace experience.
What You’ll Do:
- Facilities Management: building, vendors, HVAC, janitorial, utilities, domestic and international label creation, maintenance, and deliveries.
- Safety: Preparing our office for our re-entry phases, and lead the Emergency Response Team and assist with training and real-life incidents.
- Security: Own day to day aspects of physical security access, badging, and maintenance;
- Service: Ensure we are providing the best experience for clients, guests, employees, and candidates by taking ownership, problem-solving, and responding to HappyFox tickets in a timely manner.
- Snacks/beverages: tracking budgets, driving vendor improvements and consistently introducing diversified product/brand offerings.
- Business Continuity: Engage with business units to plan, coordinate, and execute office moves, adds, & changes. Workstation space planning through SpaceIQ and data upkeep.
- Employee Experience: In-house and Virtual event creation and set-up (All-Hands, Mentorship Meet-ups, Happy Hours, Team Building Events etc.)
- Interdepartmental Collaboration: Collaborate with other departments such as HR, Diversity & Inclusion, Engineering, Accounting, and Sales on special projects to deliver the best employee experience and a successful workplace.
What We’re Looking For:
- 3 years of hands-on workplace management or lead experience
- Ability to operate seamlessly in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Self-starter, proactive; works with a sense of urgency and handles self with minimal supervision
- Ability to project manage, prioritize, and organize work
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with all levels of the business
- Excellent interpersonal communication, customer service and writing skills
- Google Suite, Slack, HappyFox, SpaceIQ experience is helpful.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please do not let an arrest or conviction record prevent you from applying for employment at Motive. Motive considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.