Workplace Experience Coordinator at Elastic
Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
At Elastic we have been "distributed by design" from our earliest days and our workplace philosophy and culture encourages and supports our Elasticians wherever they decide their "office" will be. We are evolving to an even more people-centric, experience-focused team to help build and nurture deeper connections across our global teams. As we continue to scale we are looking for an Assistant, Workplace Experience to join our team and support our Mountain View office location and the Elastic community in the surrounding area, to ensure that we drive an even stronger workplace & employee experience - both virtual and in-office.
This is a full time, office-based role out of our Mountain View location.Responsibilities
- Deliver excellence in local workplace services, experience & operations by supporting the front desk and front of house services
- Partner with HR functions, Internal Events and within the Workplaces team to deliver "Elastic experience" in ways that bring together the people experience elements between space / design, events, wellbeing and workplace services.
- Own the relationship with building management, ensuring all systems are functional and issues are dealt with efficiently.
- Work closely and form relationships with local teams to understand and accommodate ongoing needs of space as we scale.
- Support our COVID office reopening process, adhering to all local conditions, and the ongoing application of COVID measures.
- Learn and understand about our flexible workplace services to support and foster high-growth productive environments that benefit all employees.
- Maintain an active awareness and understanding of workplace experience trends and innovations that will be key to keeping our employee experience - virtual and in-office - fresh and relevant.
Experience & Qualities
- 2+ years progressive experience in a workplace / facilities role with a focus on employee experience.
- Ability to build effective work relationships at all levels, influence behavior, and lead change.
- Excellent written / verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong problem solving, planning, analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Effective interpersonal and leadership capabilities.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing business situations, comfortable working in high growth, fast-paced environment.
- Effective listener and communicator, able to influence actions and outcomes.
- An ability to roll with the punches is definitely a plus, and sometimes a sense of humor is key!
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please email [email protected].
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.