Weekend Support Operations Coordinator (Bilingual) at Forager
Job Overview: Forager is looking for a bilingual, weekend Support Operations Coordinator who is highly motived with operations experience and is passionate about making every customer interaction count. You’re a resourceful problem solver with a knack for finding creative solutions, and you thrive on going above and beyond in a fast-paced environment. You have a sense of urgency in everything you do, and are methodical, professional and catch every detail.
*Please note, this position is scheduled to work weekends; made up of four 10-hour shifts Friday through Monday. It is considered a full-time, benefit eligible position.*
- Learn the operational structure of customers’ networks to ensure the highest standard of service.
- Support enterprise level customers and be the first point of escalation for customers when issues on shipment execution arise over the weekend.
- Collaborate with customer account managers and sales team to understand the scope and specifics of what has been sold to the customer.
- Take a creative approach to finding solutions and caring for the customer’s every need to ensure a positive and productive experience working with Forager.
- Accurately build loads and seamlessly coordinate pickup, crossing, and delivery of all shipments tendered by customers.
- Coordinate with carriers booked on shipments to get regular updates and shipment-specific details.
- Communicate with tracking team to ensure loads are monitored 24/7 and ensure quality handoff between shifts.
- Timely exception handling, troubleshooting, and issue resolution for all customer shipments.
- Propose solutions to improve workflows or operational efficiency.
What You’ll Bring:
- 1-2 years of experience in logistics or truckload transportation.
- Experience with cross-border truckload operations preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish) required.
- Strong work ethic and persistence combined with patience and a positive attitude.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to creatively and efficiently solve problems through various communication methods.
- Effective, diligent, and clear communicator on the phone and over email.
- Basic computer and data-entry experience with Microsoft Office.
Who we are?
Forager is a logistics tech startup with one goal: simplify cross-border freight with a combination of purpose-built technology and decades of industry experience. We're building an automated and collaborative marketplace that connects cross-border shippers (customers) with their optimal carrier (trucking companies) based on region, price, and service rating.
In response to COVID-19 & Forager’s commitment to keeping our employees, their families and our community safe, we have made the decision to continue working remotely. This means all new hires will be onboarded and trained remotely. In the future, this position will be expected to work onsite at our Chicago HQ, once local government orders indicate that it is possible in addition to when Forager decides it is safe to do so.
Forager is an equal employment opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other legal protected characteristics.