WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Set the overall vision and plan for the customer experience and support team, focusing on supporting product evaluation, driving product adoption, positive customer experiences and growth
- Define and optimize the customer journey. Build an end-to-end customer experience playbook. Develop listening points in journey (e.g., usage, satisfaction, etc.). Standardize interventions for each point in the journey.
- Own customer implementation and deliver world-class customer on-boarding in the most efficient manner possible.
- Define and build Tonkean Academy to educate and certify Tonkean Makers as industry professionals with an automation first mindset. Develop program collateral, documentation and strategic plan for increasing user engagement and brand visibility.
- Define and measure key operational metrics for the team including NPS, conversion and adoption rates. Establish a system for tracking metrics. Create cadence for review within the team.
- Build and lead a world-class team by recruiting high performing individuals. Create a rapid onboarding process for new team members. Foster collaboration within the team and across the customer lifecycle.
- Foster company-wide culture of Customer Experience by collaborating with Marketing, Product, Sales, Finance and the Executive Team.
- Define and deliver technical support working closely with engineering. Resolve customer requests and escalations via email, phone and chat and handling inquiries
- Participate in prioritizing technical issues and product suggestions to address most critical issues affecting customer experience
- Direct the activities of the team through ongoing account management collaboration, cross functional partnership development, and ultimately delivering high quality customer outcomes
- Refine and build scalable customer engagement best practices and processes, and identify opportunities to improve our CX operating model and tools
- Develop relationships at senior levels in our customer’s organizations including with executive sponsors, key business and IT stakeholders, and project team leads
- Act as the escalation point for customer issues, work with other teams throughout Tonkean to develop solutions to problems, drive customer alignment, and be accountable for overall customer success and renewal probabilities
- 5-10 years experience in leading an enterprise SaaS customer-facing organization
- 5-10 years of relevant technical experience
- Strategic leader who will roll up his/her sleeves to manage customer accounts as needed
- Experience managing, measuring and supporting a subscription revenue base including customer success, renewals / upsells, professional services and customer support.
- 3+ years experience building teams and processes for a fast-moving organization. Must be able to recruit, hire, lead and grow a team of 5-10 people including managing other managers.
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus-building
- Strong empathy for customers AND passion for revenue and growth
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset. Data-driven.
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
- Self-directed, fast-paced, hardworking with no BS, can-do attitude and can thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Domain expertise in Process Automation is highly desirable but not required
- Strong understanding of the ideal customer journey/lifecycle within large, global enterprises and a track record of cross-functional leadership
- Excellent communication skills in verbal, written, and presentation formats
- BA/BS required
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS JOB
- You are joining a hyper growth startup and will play a critical role in growing Tonkean.
- You’ll drive Customer Experience within Tonkean and build a world class team.
- You get to work with the entire executive team and make a significant impact on our strategy.
- There Is Always A Way. At Tonkean, we believe that nothing is impossible. There is a solution to every problem - you just need to find it.
- Think People First. We believe in investing in, empowering, and prioritizing people. We work as a team and win as a team. We listen with purpose as we speak with courage. We believe in diversity. We always ask ourselves: Is this giving value to our customers? Is this improving our team? Is this helping me be better?
- Start With Why And Fail Fast. We believe that progress is the only way forward; that action is always better than no action; that innovation requires bravery. We believe that every worthwhile “how” starts with an important “why.” If you know the “why”, and you can learn from it, It’s never a failure. It is the operational cost of progress.
- No BS. To matter, you must - stay focused, keep it simple and always move the needle. We don’t have time for BS. We don’t waste energy; we prioritize efficiency; we stay focused; and we always try to optimize for what’s important.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Join a fast-growing business that is venture-backed by Lightspeed Venture Partners and Foundation Capital.
- Collaborate with a talented yet humble team as we empower operations teams and eliminate mundane tasks.
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Tonkean provides each employee with a new laptop, monitor, headset, keyboard and mouse
- Remote employees receive a one-time work from home setup stipend (reimbursable) of $500(USD) upon commencing employment to purchase desk, chair and other work from home tools.