VP of Customer Experience at Kustomer
Kustomer is THE omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining customer service through standout experiences with the most modern technology CRM has to offer. We exist not to resolve tickets but to help customers have phenomenal experiences. Kustomer built it’s platform with intelligent automation, and a unified support experience that enables companies to deliver effortless, consistent and personalized service to each and every customer.
Our Krew is made up of passionate and collaborative people who really care about what they do and the people they help. We look for people who are passionate about enhancing the customer service experience for everyone involved, as it's the core of what we do. We're in the midst of explosive growth, and have no plans of slowing down. We welcome individuals who want to learn and be challenged every day.
Some fun facts about us, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the incredible customer service brands like Ring, Sweetgreen, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, and UNTUCKit. We were founded in 2015 and are based out of NYC. The serial entrepreneurs who founded this business, Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, led Kustomer to raise over $173.5M in venture funding, with some of the most amazing VCs behind us including: Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
It gets even more amazing - Kustomer is thrilled to announce we have signed a deal to be acquired by Facebook. We are currently operating independently until closing. This is an incredible opportunity to join our fast-growing team and be a part of this once in a lifetime experience. Check out this article for more details on this amazing adventure!
About the Role
As Kustomer is a Customer Service CRM, this role is our business. You will own the vision for this function and therefore the vision for what Customer Service should be, thereby having the opportunity to shift the view of CX across an entire industry where support and service is at its core.
As our Head of Customer Experience (CX), you will lead teams who represent who we are - Customer Success, Professional Services and Global Tech Support. You will work with each leader of these three teams to design world class experiences for our customers. We partner with our customers to understand their deepest needs and work towards providing simple, valuable solutions, while driving long-term relationships and joy for our customers. You will work closely with other executives and the sales, engineering and product teams to align pre-sales expectations, develop implementation plans, and oversee flawless operations of the CX team.
This role is based out of our office in NYC (currently WFH) when we return to our office.
You'll be responsible for:
- Owning our customer happiness via retention and growth of our existing customer base (we measure this via Net Retention revenue)
- Providing coaching and guidance to your team members, helping them learn and execute on the best possible support Kustomer can offer
- Partner with sales to create and deliver a flawless transition of customers from sales to CX post-sales ensuring alignment on expectations, properly scoping implementations projects for handoffs to the implementations team
- Joyfully seek out and analyzing customer feedback to drive improvement in the quality of our service and overall customer satisfaction
- Leverage that same customer feedback to identify possible improvements to our product, working closely with Tech and Product to develop and prioritize customer asks and also strategize for future customer needs based on that data
- Build (and hold onto!) your best CX team ever, while driving efficiencies in CX teams as the scale (e.g. a clear approach to measuring success with standard professional service organization model (billable vs non-billable utilization, margin, etc.).
- Align team processes across the customer experience organization and ensure there is buy-in on those processes
- Build strong relationships to allow for cross-functional partnership in all areas of CX as they interact with Product/Engineer and Sales.
- Define challenging goals for the CX organization to drive the rapid scaling efforts Kustomer is going through and the rapid addition of new customers every week
- Deeply understand the marketplace and use that knowledge to drive strategic change and efforts within Kustomer
- You have 10+ years of leading post-sales experience including implementation, customer service, and support - this includes management of a 24/7 support, offshore and contract sources
- You exhibit empathy towards customers and are passionate about data driven customer insights
- Strong strategic vision for all facets of CX with an ability to scale these teams effectively, preferably with a strong background in professional services
- Experienced member of a Senior Leadership team at a fast-growing company or two
- You have relevant experience in the SaaS industry, contact center/CRM a plus
- You are a mentor, coach, and developer of people, and know how to inspire their best work
- In a post-COVID world, you are comfortable with up to 25% travel