WorkStep is the leading software provider of workforce retention and hiring solutions for the supply chain industry. We're a Series B startup (backed by leading investors) who is disrupting the industry and changing the way companies have traditionally hired and retained their frontline supply chain workers.
Our mission is simple: to make the supply chain a better place to work. How? By helping companies within e-commerce, manufacturing, retail, transportation, and logistics make better-fit hires and improve their frontline workforce satisfaction and retention.
We are looking to bolster our leadership team at WorkStep by hiring a Vice President of Customer Experience. This role will report to the Chief Revenue Officer and will own the revenue performance of existing WorkStep HIRE and RETAIN customers. This leader will be responsible for efficiently architecting the fully-remote Customer Success and Account Management organizations to be customer-centric, enterprise-grade, and internally excellent. As an ideal candidate, you are able to both develop long-term growth strategies while executing tactically to meet revenue goals and deliver high customer satisfaction. You are a people leader with experience in scaling and developing Account Management and/or Customer Success teams at a growth-stage startup.
- Ownership of NRR for WorkStep HIRE and RETAIN for the existing customer baseLead and scale existing Account Management and Customer Success teams, including organization design, hiring, onboarding, skill development, and career paths
- Account Management Activities: (With Director of Account Management + 4AMs)
- Renewals, Expansion, Up-sells, Cross-sells
- Customer Success Activities: (Team of 5 CSMs today)
- Onboarding, Launch, Adoption, Health, QBRs, Minimize Churn
- Define customer life cycles for WorkStep's products - HIRE and RETAIN
- Development of Playbooks: process, infrastructure, and tools to scale consistently
- "Voice of the Customer" within WorkStep - product feedback loops, escalations
- Customer communication - own customer marketing including email campaigns and webinars
- Lead the WorkStep Customer Advisory Board program
- Proven experience in successfully scaling a Customer Success or Account Management organization at a high growth SaaS company
- High impact leadership skills, including setting a clear vision and strategy, hiring, motivating, and coaching others, driving urgency and results
- Commercial acumen - You know how to leverage data to identify revenue opportunities, trends in customer satisfaction, and retention risk. Experience in implementing and measuring operational metrics to meet revenue goals.
- Experience working with complex, enterprise-level accounts with multiple relationships and stakeholders (executives and users)
- A consultative and data-centered approach to delivering customer value and outcomes
- World-class presentation and customer interaction skills
- Track record of collaborating with cross-functional peers for product, marketing and new business feedback
- Comfortable in a smaller rapidly evolving early-stage start-up environment working remotely
- Passion for the WorkStep mission
- Previous HR Tech Industry Experience
- Sales Methodologies such as Sandler, Proactive Selling
- Industry experience in either warehousing, distribution or manufacturing
- Remote working environment
- Unlimited PTO
- Top-notch technology
- Quarterly team building on-sites (when safe to resume)
- Workspace, wellness, and L&D stipends
- Competitive company-sponsored health, vision, and dental benefits package
- Opportunity to join a passionate, motivated, and fun team at an early stage to help shape and execute on our mission
If you're a collaborator who likes a challenge, who doesn't mind rolling up their sleeves, and wants to join a fast growing company at an early stage, we want to hear from you!
WorkStep is an EEO employer. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or protected veteran status. We are committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.