Technical Director of Programs at Shield AI Company (Do Not Use Duplicate) (San Diego, CA)
| San Diego, CA
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:39 p.m. (CST) on Monday, August 8, 2022
Introduction to Shield AI
Shield AI’s mission is to protect service members and civilians with intelligent systems. Shield AI is a fast growing, venture-backed defense-technology company built around a team of proven executives, distinguished warfighters, and world-class AI engineers. Since 2018, Shield AI’s products and people have supported operations around the world with the US Department of Defense and our allies. Most recently, we acquired Heron Systems and Martin UAV as wholly owned subsidiaries of Shield AI. Join our team and shape the future of artificially intelligent systems.
Are you a passionate, innovative, experienced engineer looking to help develop state-of-the-art AI and robotics products? Are you eager to make a positive difference in the world? Do you want to work alongside mission driven and values focused teammates? Shield AI is just the place for you!
As a Technical Director of Programs you will build and lead a team of talented engineers to define future generations of Shield AI products by executing new programs. In this role, you will collaborate closely with a different engineering disciplines including mechanical, electrical, software and AI engineering to establish system level architectures and make technical decisions to execute the program. In this specific role you will lead cross-functional product development activities applying AI and autonomy on a Group III UAS.
As a Technical Director, you will:
- Drive the application of autonomy algorithms to both internal and third-party fixed-wing UAS platforms.
- Architect appropriate autonomy interfaces to lower-level flight controllers and ground control stations
- Help define, scope, and manage technical requirements to meet program objectives.
- Lead integration development between hardware, embedded, software & AI teams.
- Manage product architecture, ICD and other system level design documentation
- Be a customer facing engineering lead to support government funded development programs
- Contribute to government contract proposal writing
You will also be responsible for:
- Aligning technical approaches with long-term roadmaps
- Define and executing the technical approach to large programs
- Building out systems engineering and test engineering infrastructureas needed to support development efforts
- Other duties as assigned
- 4+ years of experience in Project Engineering, Systems Engineering, or equivalent engineering roles
- 3+ years of leadership experience
- B.S. or Master’s degree in Engineering or related field
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- You are organized and methodical
- You have a demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others
If you're interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
More Information on Shield AI Company (Do Not Use Duplicate)
Shield AI Company (Do Not Use Duplicate) operates in the Artificial Intelligence industry. The company is located in San Diego, CA. Shield AI Company (Do Not Use Duplicate) was founded in 2015. It has 345 total employees. To see all jobs at Shield AI Company (Do Not Use Duplicate), click here.
Read Full Job Description