Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API and streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 17 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today.
Our customers are doing more and more astounding things with the Postman product every day, and as a result, we are growing rapidly.
About the Team
Postman’s DevRel & Open Technologies functions were created to make Postman more approachable and empathetic to the needs of the broader developer community as well as to establish Postman as a leader in the API sector by building strong relationships with thought leaders and organizations in the domain. We are investing in Open Specifications, Standards, Tooling, Data, and Policies because we believe that building a strong community and investing in their success is essential to our own success as a company. We are now looking for an experienced Open Source Technical Community Manager to join our growing JSON Schema squad within Open Technologies.
As Technical Community Manager, you will engage with different Open Source and Postman Communities by driving user education on better API practices throughout the API ecosystem. You'll be working closely with your Developer Relations and Open Technologies team members, focusing on the JSON Schema specification, demonstrating and communicating its value and many uses. You’ll also support and develop existing and emerging communities, enabling and driving the future of JSON Schema.
If you are passionate about engaging with users all over the world and helping shape the future of API ecosystems, then this opportunity is for you!
What You’ll Do
- Increase engagement, visibility, and trust of JSON Schema by writing and publishing regular communications both internally and externally
- Engage with our existing communities
- Develop and foster communities within currently unreached platforms
- Plan, manage, and deliver community engagement and growth strategies
- Create blog and video content, develop code samples and open source tools, and/or speak at events
- Support existing regular events and reporting activities to the community
- Measure, monitor, and build detailed reports on community sentiment and community concerns surrounding our products
- Represent both the project and the company online and at events
- 2-5 years of demonstrated experience in online community building, forum operations, social media platforms (Twitter, Reddit, YouTube, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.).
- 1+ years of of experience working with Open Source Communities highly preferred
- Demonstrated experience working with developer communities and APIs on GitHub, blog posts, and/or videos.
- Strong familiarity and knowledge of open source development and communities
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills with the proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels internally and externally and across diverse geographies and leveraging remote teaming technologies
- Two years of programming experience, or a willingness and aptitude for learning technology
- Able to travel, including internationally
- Excited to push the boundaries of what’s possible
- Desirable but not essential: Familiarity with Japanese.
What Else? (Remote Benefits)
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?