Systems Administrator II at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
FIS' Managed IT services provide flexibility to financial institutions as their needs vary and evolve. Our experienced staff takes action to ensure your assets, systems and applications stay current and continuous. That's why organizations in financial services and other industries rely on our team of experts who are dedicated to information, network and internet security.
What you will be doing:
As a Systems Administrator, you will be responsible for providing desktop and network administration and support to our Managed Services clients. This includes but is not limited to providing remote desktop and network support, providing on-site desktop and network support, performing on-site moves, adds, changes, performing desktop and network administration and monitoring (proactive), and assisting in on-site project implementation.
- Installs, maintains and upgrades internal computer hardware and software systems used for designing and developing company products
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses and resolves network/server issues
- Plans and implements moves, adds and change requests
- Proposes and implements systems enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system
- Assists with recommending, scheduling and implementing system hardware and/or software upgrades or repairs
- Supports Web access and electronic messaging services, and maintains a secure systems environment
- Partners with Senior Engineers to implement desktop and network projects
- Proactively administers and monitors the networks of our managed services customers in an effort to improve the efficiency and effectiveness
What you bring:
- Extensive experience providing end-user support via phones and remote management tools
- Strong knowledge of implementing and utilizing remote network management and monitoring tools. (Patchlink, Solarwinds, Insight Manager, etc.)
- Experience configuring, implementing, and supporting network operating systems: Windows 2008/2008R2/2012/2016
- Experience configuring, implementing, and supporting Windows desktop operating systems
- Experience configuring, implementing, and supporting MS Office, Outlook/Exchange, anti-virus, back-ups and other various desktop applications
- Experience supporting Citrix Presentation Server/XenApp at the client and network level
- Experience configuring, implementing, and supporting various back-up and anti-virus solutions at the desktop and enterprise level
- Experience with supporting various server applications (SQL, IIS, etc.)
- Ability to travel and maintain a flexible work schedule
- Valid state driver's license and good driving record
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience as required for the specific job level
Added bonus if you have:
- MCP/MCTS certification is highly desired
- Support experience with BackOffice Applications is desired
What we offer you:
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before December 31, 2021. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.