Code Climate empowers software engineering organizations to achieve excellence across people, process, and code with data-driven insights. Our Engineering intelligence products are trusted by thousands of organizations- from enterprises to startups - helping align engineering initiatives with strategic priorities, accelerate software delivery, and drive continuous improvement.
Code Climate is based in New York and was founded in 2011, by engineering leaders who were frustrated by decisions being made in the dark or by gut instinct. Code Climate envisions a world where technology leaders can drive business success through increased transparency, efficiency, and actionable data. Since the launch of our company, our automated code review tool, Quality, has helped over 100,000 developers improve their code bases. After nearly a decade, we launched our flagship product, Velocity. Velocity enables technology leaders to make confident, data-driven decisions that fuel elite team performances at scale.
Code Climate operates in a technical, developer-heavy space. As we continue to grow, we need a talented, data-driven Customer Support Representative that values delivering world-class reporting and analytics that impact and define how engineering organizations operate. In this role, you understand what it means to be a true partner with your customers.
Examples of Problems You’ll Be Solving:
- Work with customers to resolve their issues -- including analyzing, troubleshooting and diagnosing software problems.
- Work with Engineering to become a product expert, helping to analyze the code base and recommend solutions for customer issues.
- Work closely with the Customer Organization (CSMs, SEs, and CSEs) to understand the customer journey and proactively prepare for customer interactions.
- Work closely with management to update existing Support processes and construct new processes as we grow and scale.
- Work closely with Product and Engineering teams when launching new features, ensuring readiness for Customer Support and assisting with internal and external documentation.
- Develop lessons learned and data-driven approaches to customer issues, helping to inform and enable other Code Climate teams (Sales, CS, Product, Engineering, etc.).
- Assist in creating training materials to drive better product usage and adoption.
- Act as the initial point of contact for all application concerns from clients and fellow employees.
You’re Awesome Because:
- You have 2+ years of experience in a support or other service-oriented, customer facing role.
- You take pride in being of service to your customers.
- You are curious by nature, and enjoy problem solving and find it challenging and rewarding to uncover the root cause of your customer’s issues.
- You are technically savvy and have a good understanding of the industry.
- You’re experienced in writing support content.
- You provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers.
- You tackle tickets that cannot be resolved by other internal teams, applying additional technical investigation or related specialized knowledge to either solve the problem or to determine the problem that needs to be solved.
- You’re experienced in managing cases throughout the entire support lifecycle: from initial customer inquiry to triage and reproduction, writing bug reports for hand off to the development team, and case resolution.
Working at Code Climate
- New York-headquartered startup with a hybrid working environment.
- Fast paced, high growth, start-up full of talented and mission driven individuals that love what they do.
- Competitive salary and meaningful stock options.
- Health, dental and vision insurance. We pay 100% of the premium for employees and 50% of the premium for dependents.
- Flexible and generous paid time off including an open vacation policy and parental leave.
- Opportunities to continue your professional development, including attending conferences.
- The best technology to get your job done.
Backed by leading VC firms, including PSG, Union Square Ventures, Foundry Group, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, and NextView Ventures, Code Climate has raised $66M in funding to date having closed a Series C round in August 2021.
Code Climate is an equal opportunity employer. Consistent with our mission of serving a diverse and global audience, we value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture which reflects that. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.