Support Services Manager at Definitive Healthcare
Definitive Healthcare is a global healthcare technology company that provides leading intelligence on the healthcare provider market.
We are on an incredibly exciting trajectory and have more than doubled in size in the past 2 years, with over 650 employees. We have been consistently honored by multiple surveys as a Best Place to Work in the Boston area. Our motivated and high-energy workforce is collaborative, kind, and engaged, which has led to exceptional retention rates.
Monocl recently joined the Definitive Healthcare enterprise as well in 2020. It empowers life science professionals with the complete global expert solution designed to drive impactful outreach and strategic engagement
This is your chance to be a part of a journey where you can develop a product that will truly affect and transform the life science industry.
You will lead a small but growing team of Desktop Support Technicians/Engineers in supporting a fast paced, and quickly evolving employee base. You’ll help to develop, execute, and maintain current and new processes that support and strengthen the organization’s use of technology. If you love the idea of leading and mentoring an eager team and putting effective processes in place, all while still working hands on with technology, then this role is for you!
Here are some of the things you’ll tackle:
- Act as the technical lead and escalation point in diagnosing and resolving any and all end user technical issues
- Mentor, train, and manage junior level desktop support technicians
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot a variety hardware and software
- Handle routine desktop support tasks and field end user requests as needed
- Escalate complex problems to the appropriate people
- Work with the VP of IT to develop processes and guidelines for various operational areas within the group
- Monitor queue and prioritize daily workload and long-term projects; track incidents and requests to ensure timely resolution
- Lead and manage the deployment of software and hardware updates
- Participate in and potentially lead bigger, more complex projects as needed
What you’ll need:
- Deep knowledge and expertise in desktop support/engineering at all levels
- Deep understanding of application packaging and deployment
- Proficiency with PowerShell or other scripting languages
- Management experience, with proven ability to build and lead a fast-paced team
- Experience with desktop management systems (such as Kayesa) and advanced skills in standard tools, concepts, and practices of end user technical support
- A strong customer service orientation, with experience supporting customers or end users
- Strong ability to analyze root cause and troubleshoot technical issues independently
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment, with ever changing priorities and tasks
Why we love Definitive, and why you will too!
- Industry leading products
- Work hard, and have fun doing it
- Incredibly fast growth means limitless opportunity
- Flexible and dynamic culture
- Work alongside some of the most talented and dedicated teammates
- Definitive Cares, our community service group, gives all of us a chance to give back
- Competitive benefits package including great healthcare benefits and a 401(k) match
What our Employees are saying about us on Glassdoor:
“Great Work atmosphere, great work life balance, excellent company to work for, amazing top notch product, incredible customer service, lots of tools to help you succeed.”
-Business Development Manager
“Great team. Amazing growth. Employees are treated very well.”
“I have waited 36 years to work at a dream job for a dream company and I am so happy to have finally got there.”
If you don’t fit all of these qualifications, but believe you’re still a great fit, feel free to apply and tell us why in your cover letter.
Definitive Hiring Philosophy
Definitive Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!
Your privacy is important to us. Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice which tells you how we use and process your personal information