The Strategic Vendor Partner team engages with third-party outsourced service providers (BPOs) to develop and run sales programs. As a Vendor Strategy & Operations Manager, you will work with the program managers to identify areas of opportunity through qualitative and quantitative research, build out proposals to be reviewed by leadership, and project manage new implementations. You’ll work closely with cross functional partners including sales systems, sales strategy, and training & enablement. You’ll play a crucial role in defining how we leverage vendors to support Dropbox sales.
We’re looking for a team member who will help define how Dropbox leverages vendors for sales programs and ensure those programs are impactful. The ideal candidate is eager to tackle a new challenge. They enjoy transformational work and aren’t afraid of ambiguity. This role will require a high level of attention to detail and organization; you should be adept at anticipating challenges, effectively looking around the corner to foresee any road blocks. You’ll thrive in this role if you have experience with sales and sales systems (like Salesforce), are comfortable analyzing data and leveraging it for decision making, and can influence without authority. Responsibilities
- In partnership with Program Managers, identify areas of opportunity with in sales programs and develop & implement strategies to address them.
- Act as a project manager to oversee implementations including creating workback plans, aligning stakeholder, collaborating with cross functional partners, providing regular updates to leadership, and ensuring timelines are met.
- Oversee annual contract renewals and participate in new program negotiations directly with vendors.
- Represent the unique needs of the Strategic Vendor Partner team in sales discussions including evaluating potential new programs and prioritizing effectively.
- 5+ years of experience in sales, operations, customer success, or similar fields.
- Excellent at planning and project management – ability to look ahead to meet regular deadlines and prevent last minute fire drills.
- A demonstrable history of using data to answer tough questions. SQL experience is a plus!
- Can effectively translate a high level strategy into actionable targets, taking an active role in execution.
- Strong desire to take initiative; you thrive on change and are comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong executive communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience working with third-party service provides such as BPOs is a plus but not required.
- A team player who is motivated by the success of the company and program.