Sourcing Specialist at Fluidra North America (San Diego, CA)
Fluidra is seeking a Sourcing Specialist that will join the team at our Carlsbad, CA location.
WHY WORK FOR FLUIDRA?
We are a leader in the global pool industry. Our portfolio includes some of the most trusted brands; we offer our customers an expansive array of products across both the residential and commercial pool and wellness markets; and we have a strong geographical footprint with operations in over 45 countries. With our merger with Zodiac, we now have over 5,500 employees and the combined resources to accelerate innovation in critical areas like energy-efficiency, robotics and the Internet of Things.
We are guided by clear values and come to work every day with a simple and direct mission in mind: To create the perfect pool and wellness experience. By staying focused on this mission, we will create value for all our stakeholders–customers, pool owners, investors and employees.
We own a portfolio of some of the industry’s most recognized and trusted brands, including Jandy®, AstralPool®, Polaris®, Cepex®, Zodiac®, CTX Professional® and Gre®.
WHAT YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
This Sourcing Specialist role will lead sourcing efforts at our Carlsbad business unit and suppliers as assigned by their direct supervisor, the Director of Sourcing, Americas. The total portfolio managed will be greater than $50 million in spend in the US.
Additionally, you will:
- Lead supplier selection and quoting activities to support new product development
- Maintain tactical and strategic relationships with existing suppliers for hoses and pump parts Identify, analyze, and prioritize potential Sourcing opportunities for assigned commodities
- Manage existing suppliers, new supplier selections, cost strategies and supplier negotiations
- Work with Engineering and Quality to develop and qualify suppliers and/or material changes
- Develop and gain approval for sourcing category strategies on assigned commodities
- Work with Legal team to create or amend supplier agreements
- Work with Purchasing teams and suppliers to resolve delivery issues and approving cost changes for assigned suppliers.
- Use scorecards to assigned suppliers, evaluate supplier performance, and implement action plans to improve supplier performance where needed.
- Coordinating with global sourcing teams to share project details and impacts
WHAT WE SEEK
- Minimum 2 years’ direct sourcing experience and 2 years of other Supply Chain experience
- Strong negotiations experience and skills a must
- Experience working with sources of injection molding, metals, and electronics a plus
- High-level of proficiency in MS-Office Suite (particularly Excel)
- Highly analytical with expertise calculating total delivered cost and capacity analyses
- Successfully work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a team player and have the ability to work with people across the organization
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), ability to summarize and present to a VP or SVP level audience
- Oracle experience Preferred
- Advanced degree and / or Certified Supply Chain Professional Preferred
- Multi-lingual in English/Mandarin/Spanish is a plus Preferred
- Experience working with international teams, particularly with Asian and European countries Preferred
Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
WHAT WE OFFER
An exciting opportunity to dive in and begin your career with a company that offers a competitive total rewards package that includes:
Alternate work week schedule (EVERY OTHER FRIDAY OFF!)
On-site self-service café / free gourmet coffee stations
Company sponsored FUN events!
On-site gym, ping-pong, foosball, outdoor bocce ball court, BBQ & firepit
In the pursuit of product excellence, Fluidra takes its corporate values to heart. We implement these guiding principles in everything we do: passion for success, honesty & trust, customer collaboration, team work, learn and adapt, excellence and Innovation.
For a deeper dive into our corporate culture, click here.