Senior Systems Administrator at Veeva
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:20 p.m. (CST) on Sunday, January 9, 2022
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day.
The Senior Systems Administrator will provide best-in-class technical support of the infrastructure that supports and hosts the Veeva internal IT systems. As a member of the IT Infrastructure team, the Senior Systems Administrator will provide a high level of technical support of Linux operating systems, Amazon Web Services infrastructure and architecture, relational databases, and various software packages. They will build and configure new virtual servers, contribute toward process automation through scripting, solve and document solutions to complex problems, and work as part of a global team.
The eligible candidate must be resourceful, technical, cool under fire, and love to work in a fast-paced, multinational environment. You must have a sense of autonomy and job ownership. We are looking for someone with a high level of service focus and customer-first mentality who wants to grow their career alongside the rest of the business in the region.
What You'll Do
- Provide best practice support, break/fix, and build for the IT Infrastructure application infrastructure in AWS
- Monitor and act on alerts to troubleshoot critical production issues impacting end-users including system unavailability and data integrity issues
- Build out and deploy new infrastructure
- Provide support to internal IT Application teams
- Automation of software deployment, configuration management, and performance management in the AWS environment
- Document new and current processes and keep existing documentation and tools up to date as the environment changes
- Continuously learn and innovate to become a cloud hosting expert. Participate in developing new solutions to complex problems. Cross-train with other team members to share knowledge and learn from others
- Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience in Linux OS administration in a production cloud/virtualization environment at the CLI/General Configuration level
- Strong written/oral communication skills
- Experience with IT security in an enterprise environment
- Strong desire to learn and share knowledge with a diverse global team
Nice to Have
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Azure
- Experience with MySQL or other relational databases
- Strong scripting skills (Bash, Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.)
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing, and firewalls
- Experience with Kubernetes/Terraform/Ansible
Perks & Benefits
- Allocations for continuous learning and development
- Work from anywhere
- Health and wellness programs
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]