Senior Risk Manager, Business Continuity Risk Management
Do you want to be part of an organization that's dedicated to helping Capital One identify, manage and effectively mitigate risk - for our customers, our communities and our associates? Capital One is seeking an energetic, self-motivated Senior Risk Manager to join the Business Continuity Risk Management (BCRM) within the Operational Risk Management second line of defense. The BCRM team is a dedicated group of professionals whose mission is to provide value-add, independent stewardship of Capital One's business continuity management practices enabling the ability to respond and recover from business disruptions.
The Senior Risk Manager role will lead BCRM's Risk Advice and Challenge team and play a key role in maturing ability to create BCRM program requirements and provide advice and challenge to the first line of defense. The ideal candidate will be distinguished by excellent influence and communications skills, a passion for delivering exceptional results, a commitment to thought leadership, and a history of using sound judgment and developing meaningful relationships across diverse business teams.
Senior Risk Managers have a natural passion for managing risk with excellent project, process and analytical skills. With these skills, they serve as change agents to effectively challenge business leaders on our highest profile risk projects. Senior Risk Managers partner with executives and other risk leaders to identify potential risks in an open, collaborative environment where new ideas and solutions are both welcomed and rewarded. They are team leaders that inspire and empower their teams through openness and inclusion to think broadly about risk, informed consultation, and effective challenge.
Specific responsibilities of the BCRM Senior Risk Manager include and are not limited to:
- Lead a team of business continuity risk professionals responsible for working across the enterprise to oversee the first line, set clear requirements and assist them in mitigating business continuity risk
- Provide oversight, guidance and effective challenge to business areas during risk assessments (e.g. Risk and Control Self-Assessments, Process Level Assessments)
- Provides risk consulting to multiple Business Areas, effectively challenges and is a thought leader in providing guidance to implementing business continuity risk management practices to strengthen Capital One's operational resilience
- Analyzes data and influences others to proactively identify risks and trends, provides oversight and guidance during risk assessment and reporting (e.g. RCSA and DORR)
- Owns and leads team-wide initiatives aimed at improving team approaches, team engagement and/or our underlying risk policies and processes
- Is forward-leaning and stays current on the changing regulatory environment and understands the impacts to the businesses their team is advising
- Creates collaborative environments between other risk teams and various partner groups to create an integrated and seamless risk experience for the business (e.g. Operational Risk teams, Third Party, Technology Risk, etc.)
- Communicate with and influence executive leaders on key business continuity risks and mitigation actions needed
- Manage work across organizational lines to address competing priorities and achieve results
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in risk, or compliance, or audit
- At least 5 years of experience in Business Continuity or Disaster Recovery or Technology Resilience
- At least 3 years of experience working with internal business customers
- At least 3 years of People Leadership experience
- At least 7 years of experience in risk, or compliance, or audit
- At least 7 years of experience in Business Continuity or Disaster Recovery or Technology Resilience
- At least 5 years of Project Management experience leading cross functional programs in Risk
- Industry certifications in Operational Risk Management
- Industry certifications in Business Continuity; e.g., Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).