The Mainframe Systems Programmer will provide support for on-going projects that require the installation, maintenance, testing, debugging, implementation of new/existing ISVs or other 'system' software following established standards. Research and evaluation of new/existing software products, assisting team members and other areas with technical questions and problem resolution. Monitoring and tuning of ISV software. Functional knowledge, use of z/OS components and detailed knowledge of support products such as tape management, scheduling, security, monitoring systems, etc.
- Provide thought leadership within the Business Unit
- Provides Technical support for HW and SW solutions.
- Processes communication skills to participate in client/team/Business unit meetings.
- Enhance the performance of others through mentoring and guiding.
- Provide and document problem analysis, resolution and prevention, designing procedures and best practice techniques.
- Proficient and install ISVs following established procedures within client maintenance windows.
- Document research/evaluation of software products.
- zOS System Programming SMP/E
- Fluent in JCL
- In depth knowledge of REXX/CLIST
- ISV SW upgrades support knowledge. This includes all vendors such has CA, IBM, Compuware, Innovation. Syncsort, IBM TWSz etc.....
- Microsoft Office skills