Safety Specialist at LAIKA, LLC (Portland, OR)
The Safety Specialist is responsible in the implementation of Safety Programs to maintain a safe workplace. This position will include administration of safety and environmental programs including Hazard Communication, SPCC, Hazardous Waste, and Emergency Response.
- Develop, monitor, and implement continuous improvement of Safety Programs, Policies and Procedures.
- Track, document, and organize information related to safety meetings, trainings, environmental reports and other program requirements.
- Participate in industrial hygiene surveys and generate reports.
- Manage hazardous waste storage, documentation, tracking, and inspections.
- Implement requirements of SPCC Plan including inspections and corrective actions.
- Ensure hazard recognition and mitigation.
- Perform facility inspections to ensure compliance with safety policies and regulations.
- Facilitate new hire orientation and onsite training.
- 3+ years experience in production/manufacturing environment of which one or more years is directly related to Occupational/Environmental safety.
- Basic Knowledge of OSHA regulations, First Aid, CPR, and Construction/Manufacturing safe practices.
- Strong computer skills and proficient in MS Office software.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk; stand; sit; use hands to operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear both in person and by telephone. The employee must lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee works under typical office conditions and is exposed to variable indoor temperatures. The noise level is usually quiet or moderate.
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Please review our Employment Disclaimer and Materials Submission Agreement.