Robotic Customer Experience Associate at Starship Technologies (Phoenix, AZ)
| Phoenix – Mesa – Scottsdale, AZ
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:10 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, May 25, 2022
We are currently looking to hire for our Fall Term! A great opportunity to jump into a tech company working with robots at your university! This location is located on the Arizona State University college campus. Apply now and let's get you started by the fall academic year!
Starship Technologies is revolutionizing deliveries with autonomous robots. The robots are designed to deliver food, groceries and packages across college campuses and neighborhoods in minutes. Our delivery robots have completed over 3 million autonomous deliveries to date, traveled 3 million miles, crossed over 17 million roads and met millions of people in cities around the world. Our contribution to the society includes reducing congestion and pollution, zero emissions deliveries, increasing the quality of life for residents, empowering seniors and disabled people and enabling affordable delivery for local businesses. Every day our delivery robots are completing thousands of autonomous deliveries across tens of cities and 5 countries around the world. We’re hitting records on an almost weekly basis. Now is an exciting time to join as we grow rapidly around the world!
We are looking for dynamic, customer service oriented team members to join our Operations team this Fall. The position of a Robotic Customer Experience Associate requires you to help run the daily operations of an innovative food delivery service. The environment will be similar to a fast-paced restaurant, however you will be in a cutting edge technological environment as you will be working with our innovative robots. Associates will execute start of day and end of day sanitation and charging of the robot fleet, support our robots throughout the shift, troubleshoot unexpected situations that might arise during the course of a delivery, and work effectively as a team to ensure exceptional results in the delivery service from vendors to customers.
In this role, you will get to:
- Oversee the robots during their autonomous operations
- Operate the robot in a safe and sensible manner in certain traffic situations
- Log and report any issues to relevant teams
- Transporting the robot to delivery areas and depositing them at the end of the shift (which may include some occasional lifting)
- Observing robots remotely and being ready to assist in unexpected situations
- Delivering assistance to the robots by traveling on bike or foot
- Maintaining professional composure in social situations
- Acting as a public ambassador and representative for Starship
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested
We are looking for someone who is:
- Excited to be part of something totally new and inspirational
- Responsible, reliable and calm in all situations
- Independent, ready to take initiative in unexpected situations
- Able to articulate and comfortable talking to strangers on the streets
- A quick thinker with the ability to resolve non-standard situations in a busy environment
- Able to go outside and assist robots in any weather
- Excellent in spoken and written communication in English
- Comfortable around electronics especially with troubleshooting electronic devices
- Prior experience as a barista, server, waiter, runner, restaurant crew member, and other FOH restaurant jobs is a plus
Education and Professional Experience:
- Experience working in restaurants and/or retails preferred
- High School Diploma or GED
- Speech and hearing ability must be at the level to receive and reply to average conversations and exchange of ideas accurately and fast.
- Visual ability must be ordinary at the necessary level to inspect documents, machinery and systems related to the job.
- Movement ability to frequent usage of wrists, hands and finger dexterity to movements such as constant typing, as well full-body exertion while wrangling the robot fleet.
- Occasional lifting of items with weight up to 70 lbs
- Comfortable riding a bicycle on various terrain
Why should you join Starship? We offer:
- Summers off! This is a seasonal role! Having a seasonal position gives you flexibility to take time off during our off season in the summer months of May through July.
- Opportunity to grow with a rapidly expanding company.
- Chance to be part of a potential next unicorn company!
Ready to join our Starship fleet? Apply today!
Job Type: Part-time with flexible hours
Only candidates who send resumes will be considered.
Please include your availability when applying. Early application is encouraged.
Vaccination is a vital tool to reduce the presence and severity of COVID-19 cases in the workplace, in communities, and in the nation as a whole. Starship Technologies “Starship” has adopted this policy on mandatory vaccination to safeguard the health of our US employees, and those traveling to the US for Starship related work purposes, from the hazard of COVID-19. All employees covered by this policy are required to be fully vaccinated as a term and condition of employment at Starship.
Check out our website to find out more about us:
More Information on Starship Technologies
Starship Technologies operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA, Flagstaff, AZ, Tempe, AZ, Irvine, CA, Los Angeles, CA, Modesto, CA, Mountain View , CA, Statesboro, GA, West Lafayette, IN, Bridgewater, MA, University, MS, Bowling Green, OH, Corvallis, OR, Houston, TX, Richardson, TX, Fairfax, VA, Harrisonburg, VA and Madison, WI. Starship Technologies was founded in 2014. It has 393 total employees. To see all 2 open jobs at Starship Technologies, click here.
Read Full Job Description