RN Case Manager at BAYADA Home Health Care (Philadelphia, PA)
BAYADA is currently looking to add a Registered Nurse (RN) Case Manager to our Philadelphia, PA Assistive Care State Programs team! If you are a compassionate RN with experience in senior care, this may be a perfect position for you!
The case manager functions as a community health nurse serving a client population of adults typically with one or more chronic diseases, physical limitations, and social determinants of health concerns. The RN acts as an extension to the payors case management system to assist with the clients plan of care. In collaboration with the payor, the case manager performs comprehensive health assessments to identify and implement interventions to meet the client’s needs in order to live safely at home and reduce potentially avoidable hospital ED utilization and inpatient admissions. Acting in a care manager role, the RN examines all factors that promote or prevent health risk by providing periodic home visits along with telephonic outreach.
- Registered Nurse (RN) required.
- Experience in delivering home-based services.
- Exemplifies characteristics of The BAYADA Way: compassion, excellence and reliability.
- Four year college degree.
- Excellent communicator with a proven record of interaction across diverse teams.
- Must be highly organized and self-directed and flexible for planning scheduled visits to accommodate client needs.
- Highly independent and innovative.
- Acceptable pre-employment assessment results.
- Ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills critical for effective case management of the adult client population:
- Excellent interpersonal skills: highly interactive, engaging clients with genuine interest.
- Effective communication skills: listening, counseling, teaching, problem-solving.
- Demonstrate effective teaching skills to the adult learner.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Advocacy skills, including functioning as a liaison to community resources.
- Ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team and with unlicensed assistive person.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill to achieve desired client health outcomes.
- Demonstrate and communicate the core values of BAYADA: Compassion, Reliability, and Excellence.
- Hybrid position: Remote 35%, Field Work 65%.
- Responsible for a caseload of clients in Philadelphia, PA.
- Provide routine surveillance for change in condition captured through periodic comprehensive assessments that include all functional, cognitive, psychosocial, physical examination, and social determinants of health within the client home environment
- Develops trusting relationships with clients and their families:
- Advocate and assist clients to complete annual health screenings, immunizations
- Provide basic health education and coaching for disease self-management
- Provide basic outreach by determining resources and services necessary to attain and maintain an adequate and safe home environment with community and social support networks that address social determinants of health (access to medical care, nutrition, and other personal needs that impact health risk).
- Detect problems and recommend clients for further medical care in their early stages to keep problems from causing more serious or long-term effects, and/or to address declining conditions to restore individuals to their optimal level of functioning.
- Works collaboratively with key stakeholders (families, payors, service coordinators, and other healthcare professionals as indicated etc. ) in coordinating the services and implementing the plan
As an accredited, regulated, certified, and licensed home health care provider, BAYADA complies with all state/local mandates.
Founded in 1975 by J. Mark Baiada, BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors in the comfort of their homes. BAYADA employs more than 26,000 nurses, home health aides, therapists, medical social workers, and other home health care professionals who serve their communities in 22 states from more than 350 offices, with locations in Germany, India, Ireland, New Zealand, South Korea, Canada, and the UK.
In 2019, Baiada oversaw the company's unprecedented transition to a not-for-profit organization to ensure BAYADA's mission, purpose, and business model would endure, and to help BAYADA realize its vision of helping millions of people worldwide experience a better quality of life at home.
BAYADA is committed to creating a culture and environment of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) where all employees can thrive and all clients can receive high-quality, personalized care with a sense of well-being, dignity, and trust.
BAYADA Home Health Care, Inc., and its associated entities and joint venture partners, are Equal Opportunity Employers and qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, gender and gender identity, nationality and origin, disability, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, and experiences.