Join VillageMD as a Bilingual (Spanish) Quality Specialist - Remote
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems.
Integral to our Houston market, we are looking for a Quality Specialist with pharmacy services experience, who will perform outbound patient calls regarding our clinical programs, medication adherence, and health plan information. The role will partner closely with our population health operations team, and our pharmacy team to effectively deliver wrap around care for our patients.
What are some examples of accountabilities you’ll have as a Quality Specialist at VillageMD:
- Manage and consistently follow the same group of patients to ensure they refill their chronic disease medications on time for diabetes, blood pressure, and cholesterol.
- Contribute to increasing overall quality ratings for clinic by ensuring patients refill and take their medication on time and as directed.
- Serve as liaison between patient, clinic, and pharmacy to minimize time missed between refills.
- Interpret patient medical history (medication list, office visit notes, etc.) and understand and properly communicate provider’s plan to patient.
- Navigate between different EMR platforms to gather accurate patient medical information.
- Accurately and comprehensively document patient care activities in all applicable electronic records.
- Perform appropriate medication reconciliation by comparing how your patient is taking medication versus what is written in medical record and/or filled at the pharmacy.
- Request medication refills per clinic policy and protocol.
- Adequately assist patients with difficulties accessing medication due to cost or other barriers.
- Identify patients who need referrals to clinical pharmacist, retail pharmacy med sync program, retail pharmacy medication pack program, care management, clinician, and/or Village at Home.
- Timely follow up and persistent outreach to patients, providers, and pharmacies to ensure medications are picked up and taken as directed.
- Collaborate with clinic quality ambassadors, medical assistants, pharmacists, and other clinical staff to coordinate care for patients.
What will make you successful here?
- An ability to focus on outcomes and team performance utilizing a high level of collaboration and sense of team-based work product and results
- Ability to listen actively and empathically to patients who may be struggling with medication adherence
- A high level of integrity and respect for patients while assisting them with their medications
- Ability to apply behavior modification techniques and motivational interviewing skills to properly identify and help resolve barriers to medication nonadherence.
- Ability to de-escalate and properly respond to patient concerns
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to work efficiently with multiple providers, clinic locations, and insurance plans.
- Ability to navigate within ambiguity and be solution-oriented
- Humility and ability to build trust
What you bring to VillageMD:
- Associate degree preferred, and Pharmacy Technician license preferred
- Experience with Medicare Advantage plans, health plans, medication adherence
- Inbound and/or outbound call center experience
- Preferred prior experience working in Windows 10, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Teams
- High school diploma required
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.