Drift is the Revenue Acceleration Platform that uses Conversational Marketing and Conversational Sales to help companies grow revenue and increase customer lifetime value, faster. More than 50,000 businesses use Drift to align sales and marketing on a single platform, to deliver a unified customer experience where people are free to have a conversation with a business at any time, on their terms.
Product Marketing at Drift
We’re growing our Product Marketing team to align with the expansion of our product portfolio, key segments, and growth of our business. The Drift Product Marketing team is responsible for being the voice of the customer internally enabling us to inform product roadmap and bring new products to market through customer segmentation, positioning, value-based messaging, collateral, sales enablement, and cross-functional marketing activation. As a Principal Product Marketing Manager at Drift you will drive a product category, our vertical segment. You will live the customer journey, help us define future innovation, build stories to help us engage customers for long term success all while differentiating us from the competition.
This role operates at the intersection of product, sales, marketing, and customer success. Our ideal candidate is a compelling storyteller, and strategic and creative thinker, able to transform complex needs and solutions into simple differentiated messages, while also having a passion for people demonstrated by successfully growing teams and connecting to customers.
What you’ll be doing on the team
- Own a key new product category that will help Drift expand it’s portfolio and be the center for B2B customers with everything conversa
- Develop creative ideas that shape our customer engagement, GTM and internal evangelism that are differentiated and help position Drift as a leader
- Develop a deep understanding of the voice of our customer/prospect to partner with Product to influence future product development.
- Drive amazing product launches to demonstrate innovation and ultimately drive new revenue.
- Lead the development of product messaging and positioning globally, with an eye toward competitive differentiation across all relevant business categories.
- Work with Sales to inspire, motivate and ultimately win flagship brands through the sales cycle by helping the company understand the impact Drift has in the market and our top personas.
- Develop compelling and easy to understand internally facing content for Sales, CS, Operations and others including; sales training, positioning, FAQs, and cheat sheets.
- Partner with demand generation and digital to tell compelling stories that help build demand and drive revenue across our offerings and across the customer lifecycle.
- Bringing new and updated products to market, taking the lead on launch strategy, planning, timelines and more to ensure maximum impact.
- Defining our ideal customer profiles across the portfolio, including when it makes sense to upsell and cross-sell them to the next level, and ensuring our sales partners are well equipped (through tools and talk tracks) to win deals.
- Innovate in the delivery of messages for billboards, keynotes, videos, emails and overall across the entire lifecycle.
What skills you will bring to the job:
- Demonstrated experience in product marketing that includes messaging and positioning, pricing, competitive analysis and positioning, quantitative and qualitative analysis, product launch management, GTM strategy and sales tool development, leveraging customer and market insights to inform product roadmap, analyst relations, and more.
- 6+ years experience storytelling and delivering compelling product marketing results
- Experience managing and developing new marketing programs with clear data driven results
- Experience collaborating effectively with sales to achieve results
- Experience working with demand generation to evaluate business data to deliver high converting programs that result in revenue
- A track record of delivery on complex projects, using strong organizational skills and ability to influence and work cross-functionally.
- Superb excellent written and oral communication skills. This role demands someone who is in love with the spoken and written word, understanding the power that comes from getting it ‘just right’ both online and offline.
- SaaS/ technical product marketing experience required; past leadership experience preferred.
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as a “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected] #LI-Remote