Join VillageMD as a Primary Care Navigator in Indianapolis, IN
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Primary Care Navigator to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Primaria Health, a joint venture between Community Health Network and VillageMD, was founded on the principle that high quality, efficient primary care improves the lives of everyone in our communities. Primaria supports primary care providers with the transition from fee-for-service to value-based reimbursement with a proven solution that empowers providers to enhance quality of care, improve the patient experience, and lower the total cost of care. As part of achieving this goal as a Primary Care Navigator at our organization, you will collaborate with providers, high risk patients, and the primary care team to assess change readiness and develop a patient centered care plan supported by management of chronic conditions measured by clinical indicators.
Could this be you?
Integral to our Care Navigation team, the Primary Care Navigator will be accountable for supporting and improving the organization’s ongoing refinement of care management processes. As a member of our team, you’ll work closely with our provider partner teams to coordinate collaborative patient care while incorporating patients’ personal health and lifestyle goals.
How you can make a difference
- You will work directly with patients and providers in a variety of settings (e.g., home, inpatient settings, clinic, etc.) with both health system and independent providers that are in our network to identify and engage high risk patients and provide nursing care that is ‘hands off’ (e.g., education, coaching, care coordination, advocacy, etc.)
- You may work closely with specific patient populations (e.g., end-stage renal disease patients, COPD, CHF patients) in a variety of settings and with specialty providers in both health system and independent clinics that are in our network
- Involve high risk individuals in activities to improve their health and partner with the care team to establish identified goals and action steps to focus on wellness and self-management of chronic conditions
- Provide educational resources that inform the patient’s disease management
- Develop relationships with practice care teams to operate as an extension of the provider to support high risk patients
- Refine care plans using a thoughtful, evidence-based approach to care coordination as patients’ conditions progress or additional needs arise
- Assess and proactively address barriers to care plan compliance
Skills for success
- The ability to travel to various provider offices, when requested/need to meet patient and provider needs
- A high level of personal accountability and ability to work independently
- The ability to be flexible in an ambiguous and dynamic environment
- A service orientation and a “can do” attitude
- A willingness to learn on your own and take initiative
- Bias for action with a solution-oriented approach
- Strong communication skills
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through good communication and doing what you say you will do
Experience to drive change
- Graduation from a nursing accredited school of nursing
- Registered Nurse with licensure or eligibility for licensure in the state of Indiana
- BSN preferred
- 3+ years of direct, clinical registered nursing experience in the past 7 years
- Care management and/or coordination experience in a setting that includes a collaborative, iterative process of assessing, diagnosing, planning to achieve mutually agreed upon patient goals, implementing interventions, and evaluating progress towards goals
- Strong communication and relationship skills with demonstrated success partnering with providers and other members of health care teams that support wellness and prevention
- Competency and comfort with technology including the Microsoft suite of products and a variety of electronic health records
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.