Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.Job Description
The mission of the Trust & Safety Team is to keep Squares buyer and seller community safe from those that would improve their relationship with the Company. As the Investigations Coordinator, you will support Squares global investigations program by managing pre-employment background investigations and assisting with investigations that fall under the Trust & Safety Team.
- Bring operational excellence to a team that conducts all pre-employment background investigations
- Manage caseload and ensure all requests are scrutinized and handled in strict accordance with applicable local, state, federal and country specific guidelines
- Meet compliance requirements of Squares strategic and regulatory partners
- Work with several teams across Square, including Legal and HR
- Maintain quality standards while managing large volumes of time sensitive requests
- Help create and implement training programs as they relate to pre-employment background investigations, compliance, and regulatory needs
- Stay informed of changes to laws and regulations that affect the background check process
- Maintain professionalism while acting with the requisite interpersonal sensitivity to deal with those in the background process
- Manage vendor relationships
- Work under the direction of the Global Risk & Intelligence Lead
- Experience working across multiple teams on process improvements
- Excellent communication, speaking and writing, and organizational skills
- Experience with Square and its customers
- BA/BS degree
- You're excited about our Seller community and understand our business
Technologies we use and teach:
- Mac, iOS, Windows
- Perspective Incident Management System, Tableau, GMail, and Google Docs
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.