Lightyear Health is looking for a part-time (4-7 hours during the workweek) Psychiatrist to provide supervisory capacity to teams of Advanced Practitioners in a collaborative model.
We are a healthcare technology startup that is changing what it means to age. By delivering accessible, proactive, specialty care to post-acute care facilities, our aging patients and their caregivers can live a life of dignity, fullness, and joy. Using our proprietary technology and expertise in complex care, our team collaborates with individuals, families, and caregivers to design personalized care plans that address the holistic needs of each patient.
To help us achieve our mission, we are looking to hire a Supervisory Psychiatrist who is great at mentoring and supervising our APPs in a collaborative care model and envisions a world where every aging patient has access to the world’s best healthcare. This is a part-time 1099, role in California.
As a key member of our Behavioral Health team, here’s what you’ll do:
- Supervise teams of Behavioral Health Nurse Practitioners to deliver high quality care in a novel delivery model
- Provide weekly Psychopharmacology supervision to APPs working in post acute settings including Assisted Living Facilities, Skilled Nursing Facilities, and Independent Living Facilities
- Reviewing select documentation of the behavioral health APPs
- Provide the psychopharmacology recommendations for patients seen by a care manager in our integrated model
- Agree to enter into a written collaboration agreement up to 4 CA PMHNPs or BH specialized PAs
The most important skills for the role are:
- Are a licensed psychiatrist in the state of California with experience training or supervising Advanced Practitioners
- Have at least 2+ years of experience with a medically complicated population (fellowship training included in this as relevant experience)
We’d love to hear from you if you have the following:
- Have experience or interest in joining a fast paced, innovative and patient focused start-up
- Interested in participating in a collaborative model
Our vaccination policy for all clinical staff aligns with CDC's guidelines, including the Covid-19 vaccine and booster. The clinical team at Lightyear Health is responsible for meeting and complying with our credentialing verifications processes, clinical standards, health screenings, and vaccination policies at all times. It is the responsibility of the practitioner to ensure that your licenses, certifications, and credentials are kept up to date and in good standing.
Anticipated Salary Range
We’re committed to an inclusive, consistent, and equitable approach to compensation and anticipate that this position will earn between $140 and $160 per hour. The exact salary will depend on (1) how many years of relevant and transferable experience the candidate brings to the role and (2) the internal level at which the candidate is hired in relation to our career development framework. All team members also receive a stock option grant. A candidate can join as a W-2 or 1099 employee.
Interested? Great! Here’s what you should know:
At Lightyear Health we know that our people are indispensable to achieving our mission, and we are building an inclusive environment that enables everyone to do their best work. In that spirit, we deliberately hire people from all walks of life — including, but not limited to, race, gender identity, sexual orientation and disability status. If you’re motivated by our mission and eager to contribute to our team and culture, we’d love to hear from you.
Benefits for full-time W-2 employees include:
- 30 days of paid time off (PTO) per year, up to 10 of which can roll over to the following calendar year
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Generous employer paid medical, vision, and dental health plans
- 401(k) plan with an employer match of 1% of annual salary
- Stock option grants
- Employer sponsored continued learning stipend
- Internet reimbursement and home office budget allowance for remote employees
More about us:
- Team size: we have a diverse team of just under 100 (and growing!), made up of clinical and non clinical individuals all driven by our mission
- Remote-first team: we are a distributed team across the US and Canada - we value collaboration and relationship building while respecting our team’s geographies and time zones
- Transparency: we host bi-weekly All Hands meetings where new employees are introduced, company updates are shared, and no question is too big or too small to be answered
- Affinity Groups: From LGBTQ+ to POC groups, we understand that everyone benefits from building community with people who share common identities or experiences
- Markets: Lightyear Health partners with facilities in the US, currently providing care for patients in California, Texas, and Virginia