Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs-bringing better care to where it's needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that "health is local" and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet's Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we'll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About our Team:
We employ a field-based, home-based care model and are committed to meeting members where they are--in their homes, in their community, and in our Hubs. You will go above and beyond to connect with Cityblock members in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
About the Role:
- You will work in a radically different model of healthcare
- Work alongside a care team who will be responsible for each member's ongoing care.
- Responsible for creatively locating and connecting with members that we believe will benefit from the Cityblock care model
- Be responsible for bringing in new members into care week-over-week.
- Provide telephonic, written, digital and face to face outreach and engagement services for each eligible member. This also includes member events, group welcome events and community outreach events.
- Leverage available data from Commons to learn more about potential members and inform your outreach process strategy.
- Complete the intake and consent process for eligible members, and handoff to the Community Health Partner upon full enrollment
- Engage and foster trust quickly with members, acting as the face of Cityblock and the key point-of-contact to assist members prior to full enrollment, as measured by engagement rate.
- Meet with members in their homes, neighborhoods, and the Cityblock health hub; nearly all of your work is done in the field
- Work daily within Commons to collect data, organize information, track tasks, and communicate with staff, patients, and family members
- Provide feedback to the product development team, and, over time, becoming part of a super-user group to assist in onboarding and supporting others
Requirements for the Role:
- You have 0-2 years experience within outreach or sales functions and a successful track record to share for that time period
- You have a passion for working within the community you are a part of, or have been a part of in the past
- You excel at empathy and human interactions, and want to improve the health of individuals and whole communities
- You are an independent self-starter and a strategic thinker who is eager to learn, improve, and grow
- You are excited about how technology can support your work and help drive the ongoing evaluation toward new, better, care
- Unrestricted Driver's License and Car
How We Define Success:
- Respond to transition of care alerts in our care facilitation platform Commons in a timely matter
- Meet engagement targets over the phone in order to reach and consent members
- Consent 25% of your member panel within 90 days of assignment and 50% within 9 month of assignment
- Engage and enroll Cityblock members into the care model on a monthly basis
- Thoughtful, copious documentation of all member interactions and handoffs in Commons within 48 hours of your outreach engagement with a member
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Experience working with individuals with mental health and substance use diagnoses
- Training in motivational interviewing, behavioral activation therapy, or problem solving treatment
- Direct familiarity with clinical settings.
- Experience with community outreach or community organizing
- Bilingual - (English & Spanish), (English & Khmer)
What We'd Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.