Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About The Role:
As an operations lead with the partnerships team, you will work with a small but highly experienced team, with a primary mandate of making sure our daily operations run smoothly. You’ll get first hand exposure to key players in the Real Estate industry -- from Homebuilders to Online Real Estate platforms to Key Brokerages. In turn, we’re looking for dynamic team players who can wear multiple hats, and aren’t afraid to roll-up their sleeves to help us quickly scale.
• Act as the primary/secondary point person responsible for ensuring each partner transaction is successfully completed
• Work directly with other Opendoor teams (acquisitions, closing, technology, analytics) and partners to troubleshoot issues, rapidly get individual transactions back on track, and develop solutions to address root causes.
• Assist our Business Development team in standing up new partnerships
• Own ongoing partner ops including CRM, payments, and comms
• Partner with leadership to optimize day-to-day operations including team onboarding, meetings, and project management
• Provide guidance for the long term design and development of a team to appropriately scale alongside our business needs; build & manage team as needed
• Be a key team member in our operational scaling projects across partnerships channels
• Pitch in however you can when needed. We’re a lean team and there will be “all hands on deck” moments.
We're Looking for Teammates Who Have:
• 3 to 5 years operations experience; real estate and/or finance operations experience a strong plus
• Experience with managing a team & working with external stakeholders
• Process-driven mentality with extremely high attention to detail
• Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize effectively
• Ability problem-solve quickly and successfully in high-stress environments
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• You’re highly self-motivated, have a stellar work ethic, and you’re looking for the right company to support your growth
• You’re ok with occasional weekend work
• You’re willing to study for and pass licensing exams if required
• Above all else you are bright, kind and goal-oriented
Bonus Points For:
• Knowledge or willingness to learn PythonKnowledge or willingness to learn SQL
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Read Full Job Description