New Business Coordinator (part-time) at Covr Financial Technologies
REPORTS TO: New Business Team Lead
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
WORK SCHEDULE: M-F (Open to full-time or part-time)
LOCATION: Downtown Boise, ID office
This is a great entry-level position that can provide great foundational knowledge of what Covr provides its partners as a pioneering insurance technology company. We strive to hire and retain excellent employees, who are looking for career progression and growth within our organization.
Covr was listed as one of Forbes' Top 500 Startup Companies of 2021! Covr Technologies is a leading, InsurTech venture capital-backed company, focused on using technology to simplify the buying process for life insurance and related products. As an innovator in a rapidly evolving industry, Covr is a technology-driven company that provides a simpler way for people to protect what matters most. Through partnerships with financial institutions and advisors, Covr's innovative digital platform provides the capability to research, compare and buy life insurance from top providers, fully online and within minutes. Covr’s main operations is in downtown Boise, ID and our corporate operations are in Hartford, CT. Our employees enjoy a casual dress code, flexible hours and progressive work environment. We have a strong culture based on our core values: Client Focus, Innovation, Collaboration, Fun!
The New Business Coordinator is responsible for monitoring and processing requests through a daily task list assigned by their internal partners. This role will also review completed applications for accuracy and send to our carrier partners. We provide applications to numerous insurance carriers, and the New Business Coordinator is expected to learn the dynamics of each carrier’s nuances, required forms, etc.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews, screens, and coordinates with other Covr team members to ensure all documentation has the accurate information necessary to complete each carrier-specific life insurance application.
- Manages the signature process for incoming applications, delivery requirements and other important documents on a timely basis using Docusign or wet signatures.
- Creates tasks in our case management system for Case Manager review.
- Orders requirements to include, but no limited to; exams, labs, EKG’s and e-interviews.
- Manages general email boxes and faxes and distributes to the assigned Case Manager or Intake Specialist.
- Processes policies that are received and sends out for signed delivery requirements.
- Sorts and handles daily mail.
- Works and manages spreadsheets and trackers.
- Submits life insurance applications “in good order” and in efficient timeframe.
- Strives for excellence in customer service and relationship building.
- Performs other projects and duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- One year of clerical and/or administrative experience preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Adobe
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task without losing focus
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong work ethic and high level of personal integrity and accountability
Check out our Employee Reviews on Glassdoor and Indeed to learn more about our culture!
We offer a competitive benefits package:
- Paid Time Off (PTO): 3 weeks to start increasing with years of service
- Paid holiday’s – 10.5 days, including two 4-day weekends!
- NEW - Downtown parking subsidy
- NEW - Summer Hours Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision – 85% of Employee Only monthly premium paid by Covr for all full-time employees
- HSA employer contribution of $600/yr ($150/qtr)
- Adult and child orthodontia
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with quarterly company contributions
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- NEW - Pet insurance for cats and dogs!
- 401(k) with company match at 3.5%
- Company paid Life and AD&D insurance of $25,000 for all full-time employees.
- Supplemental Life and AD&D insurance up to 5x’s salary for employee up to $300,000
- Supplemental Life and AD& D plans offered for spouse up to $100,00 and dependents up to $10,000
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs): medical, dependent, parking