Mid-Level Supplier Diversity Specialist at Boeing
| Los Angeles, CA
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:54 a.m. (CST) on Monday, November 15, 2021
Mid-Level Supplier Diversity SpecialistCompany:The Boeing CompanyJob ID:00000283547Date Posted:2021-10-29-07:00Location:USA - Berkeley, MO, USA - El Segundo, CA, USA - Hazelwood, MO, USA - Huntsville, AL, USA - Seal Beach, CAJob Description Qualifications: Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) has an exciting opportunity for a Mid-Level Supplier Diversity Specialist to join our dynamic team in Huntsville, AL, Hazelwood, MO, Berkeley, MO, El Segundo, CA or Seal Beach, CA.The selected candidate will oversee Boeing Small Business commitments, which will include deployment of supplier diversity subcontract plans, program initiatives, and targets to ensure integration of small and diverse suppliers throughout the Boeing Supply Chain. The selected candidate will be primarily responsible for managing small business activity within Boeing Defense Space and Security.Position Responsibilities:
- Develops a viable pool of diverse suppliers to increase their utilization for current and future procurement requirements.
- Analyzes supply base, assesses utilization gaps and targets outreach efforts to identify potential suppliers.
- Establishes mentoring relationships with key suppliers in partnership with supplier quality and supplier development organizations to meet utilization gaps and strategic objectives.
- Cultivates and maintains relationships with special interest groups whose purpose is to foster opportunities for diverse suppliers.
- Provides guidance and direction regarding company policies and procedures and other resources to diverse suppliers.
- Reviews federal regulations and laws to assess the impact on supplier diversity program, and researches information used to provide feedback to regulatory agencies.
- Assesses and insures compliance to company, state, and federal policies, rules, and regulations.
- Conducts internal and external reviews and audits.
- Develops corrective action plans as needed.
- Ensures the accuracy of size standards and certifications of diverse suppliers.
- Deploys supplier diversity subcontract plan initiatives and targets by working with multi-functional teams to execute plans that meet quantitative targets and objectives to support customer specific requirements.
- Monitors progress by tracking performance to milestone schedules and goals.
- Develops corrective action plans as necessary to ensure objectives and milestones are met.
- Prepares and submits written and verbal reports for business unit, functional, customer and supplier diversity management reviews.
- Collects, monitors and analyzes complex data from procurement systems and creates various internal and external reports in order to track performance to supplier diversity goals and plans.
- Develops ad hoc reports as needed.
- Under direction, develops diverse supplier commitment dollar forecasts, projections and goals for comprehensive and individual subcontracting plans for various business units and external government and commercial customers.
- Creates plans by analyzing historical trends, long range business plans, procurement projections, and other related methodologies to meet contractual requirements and obligations.
- Promotes supplier diversity awareness by providing leadership, guidance, and standard training to integration teams, advocacy councils and personnel involved in the supply chain on supplier diversity processes, programs, policies and procedures.
- Uses formal presentations, web based applications, communications plans and other methods to integrate supplier diversity throughout the enterprise.
- Provides diverse supplier bid list recommendations to supply chain personnel to maximize the utilization of diverse suppliers and ensure alignment with assigned business unit, site or program sourcing strategies.
- Supports proposals by providing small business contract language, developing strategies and plans to subcontract with diverse suppliers.
- Participates on procurement review and make/buy review boards to insure inclusion of diverse suppliers in the source selection process.
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- More than 1 year of experience with cost proposal preparation on government contracts.
- More than 1 year of experience with proposal development and contract negotiations.
- More than 1 year of experience with FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulations).
- More than 1 year of experience using all the following Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- More than 1 year of experience preparing reports in support of data analysis.
- More than 1 year of experience working with analytics, data and spreadsheets to build presentations and make recommendations.
- More than 1 year of experience in supplier management or supply chain management.
- More than 1 year of experience in root cause analysis and corrective action.
- More than 1 year of experience working with U.S. Department of Defense contracts.
- More than 1 year of experience in program management within supplier management.
- More than 1 year of experience working with suppliers in a technical capacity.
- English - E-Verify (English)
- Spanish - E-Verify (Spanish)
- English - Right to Work (English)
- Spanish - Right to Work (Spanish)
Read Full Job Description