Materials Manager at Cisco Meraki
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect us, empower us, and drive us!! By simplifying powerful technology we can free passionate people to focus on their mission. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products, and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality.
In this highly collaborative role, you will lead strategy, implementation, and maintenance of the materials planning process across all product lines. This is a strategic supply chain role that will be partnering with our JDMs and Suppliers to ensure a continuous flow of materials in support of production schedules.
Qualified candidates will have excellent analytical skills, attention to detail, and a strong organizational methodology. In addition, you will have a high degree of adaptability and a willingness to dive in and get things done, all while keeping the big picture in sight.
- Responsible for readiness, availability, and visibility of materials necessary to meet production schedules and overall supply/demand goals
- Partner with JDMs and suppliers to develop materials flow models.
- Build allocation strategies for constrained products for revenue improvement.
- Identify E & O and other material risks, recommend a critical course of action, and own the efforts to mitigate liabilities to the business
- Perform periodic audits to monitor raw materials and WIP inventory levels at the supplier sites
- Prepare and communicate critical materials updates for NPIs, Sustaining and EOL materials
- Develop strong relationships with our external partners.
- Design JDM dashboard, KPIs, and reporting structure to monitor the flow of materials at supplier sites
- Collect, organize, interoperate statistical data for strategic decision-making.
- Extraordinarily clear; distill complicated ideas into just the right number of words. You are an excellent listener and can pinpoint what compels an audience.
- You are able to work between cross-functional teams, minimize conflict, and advise team members on building consensus.
- You use data and team member inputs to make decisions on prioritization and resource allocation. You set measures for success and are committed to quantifying impact.
- Fiercely collaborative. You take an organization-level view and are equally invested in the success of other departments. You invite and act on different points of view.
- You invest in your team’s development, both technically and career-wise. You take the time to know what inspires and motivates each person and contribute to making work meaningful.
- Protector. You are protective of Meraki’s talent.
- Bachelor’s preferably in Business related majors or Industrial Engineering
- 1-2 years of inventory planning or material management experience in the consumer electronics or hi-tech manufacturing industry
- APICS CPIM certified preferred
- Exposure to product lifecycle management with CM/JDM model preferred
- Strong analytical and advanced Excel skills (VBA, Python as a plus)
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you!!
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.