Manager, Technical Services at Pure Storage (Remote)
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
What do NASA and emerging space companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with Roblox and the Metaverse?
The answer is data, -- all fast moving, fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure’s vision is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000 customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions.
Pure is blazing trails and setting records:
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure’s leadership across these dimensions
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster, stronger, smarter company as we go
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE
Pure Storage Support is growing and going virtual on the East Coast! This is an exciting time for Pure as a company and we hope that you want to be a part of that excitement too!
Let’s start by telling you a little bit about Pure Storage Technical Services. We have Support centers in Mountain View, CA, Lehi, UT, and Dublin, Ireland. You will be part of the best Support team in the industry. How do we know that? Our customers and our NPS number tell us so! The Puritan culture focuses on 5 key values – Persistence, Creativity, Teamwork, Ownership, and Customer First. We hope you share the same values.
We are looking for an experienced manager that will help us grow our virtual Support organization in the East Coast Region. In this role you will lead, build, and manage our support team that works on complex and challenging issues from our customers and partners. You will recruit, motivate, and mentor team members to deliver a high-quality customer experience. In addition, you will also work alongside Engineering and Product Management to improve our products based on customer feedback.
The goal of the Technical Services organization is to help our customers solve problems quickly, efficiently and build the muscle to solve problems that would ordinarily have to be sent to the Development team to solve. This position is ideal for a strong support manager looking to take the next step in their career and work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial culture.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in customer-facing, technical support work
- At least 3 years of people management experience including:
- Experience in successfully managing remote employees
- Track record of recruiting and developing a strong team
- Managing Employee Performance
- Ability to build collaborative relationships globally and influence at multiple levels of an organization to achieve results
- Hardworking creative leader who values innovation and adoption of organizational change initiatives and can encourage others to achieve shared goals
- Proven ability to resolve customer problems and issues utilizing appropriate internal and external resources
- Experience in supporting both hardware and software products, and triaging issues and escalating them to either the hardware or software groups
- Prior technical services experience at a storage or industry related company
- Familiarity in supporting multiple product lines
- Must have a keen appreciation and experience for customers and operational excellence including case handling, technical support best practices and processes, employee coaching, ownership of critical issues and meeting key metrics.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, soft skills, and ability to present information in a clear and concise manner
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- Available to work off hours, on-call and holidays as needed
- Oh, and the ability to have some fun in the process!
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE’S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE
In accordance with Pure’s policies, current and anticipated federal regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must initiate Pure’s exemption request process which will determine if an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local, state, and/or federal law.