Manager, Collections & Disputes at Brightspeed (Charlotte, NC)
At Brightspeed, we are reimagining how people live, work, play and connect by providing fast, reliable internet connections and an awesome customer experience in twenty states throughout the Midwest and South.
Backed by funds managed by Apollo Global Management, our vision is to accelerate the upgrade of copper to fiber optic technologies, bringing faster and more reliable internet service to many rural markets traditionally underserved by broadband providers, while delivering best-in-class customer experience.
Be a part of the team that will make this vision a reality….designing and building a world class fiber network and creating a customer experience second to none.
Check us out on the web!Job Description
We have an exciting opportunity for a Manager, Collections & Disputes to join our growing team! As Manager, Collections & Disputes, you will report directly to the Director, Customer Financial Services. You will be responsible for leading the Collections & Disputes Team at Brightspeed. You will also work closely with outside Collection Agencies as well as performing collections and dispute management for the largest and most sensitive customer accounts. You will be responsible for meeting company receivables targets and controlling bad debt. You will assist the Director, Customer Financial Services with input, context, prioritization, and execution of activities in support of the organization’s goals. Come help us build the best and fastest fiber-optic network in America!
As Manager, Collections & Disputes:
- Drive performance metrics, such as Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) Aging accounts and bad debt percentages
- Oversee the disputes process and interact with internal Brightspeed departments to resolve disputes
- Establish relationships with business partners in sales, onboarding, and billing to drive strategic performance metrics
- Effectively communicate updates to Director, Customer Financial Service and senior management on account statuses/challenges and collection strategies
- Resolve escalated customer issues with key customer contacts
- Produce weekly and monthly performance measurement reporting
- Comply with company collection and dispute policies and enforce compliance of the team
- Accurately forecast monthly accounts receivable performance.
- Challenge team on forecast and establish ownership of results at all levels.
- Prioritize receivable base to ensure most impactful items have focus.
- Identify, drive, and manage risk assessment for base of accounts.
- Respond to internal and external escalations from all departments and all levels.
- Supervise a staff of collection team leaders and specialists’ attendance, workflow, and productivity.
- Maintain a professional collections & disputes staff with sufficient knowledge, skills, and experience to meet the responsibilities of the Customer Financial Services department including but not limited to hiring, evaluating, monitoring, terminating, counseling, and recognizing and developing personnel
- Manage outside collection agency vendor relationships
WHAT IT TAKES TO CATCH OUR EYE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related field
- 5+ years' experience in B2B collections, supervisor or manager level experience working with software and system tools that support the collections process
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Able to communicate effectively orally and in writing with appropriate detail, judgement, and discretion at all levels of the organization including senior management
- Relationship-builder and strong listening skills
- Demonstrates competence, professionalism, and leadership presence: Is objective and free from undue influence; conveys sound judgment; builds trust; is collaborative, insightful, proactive, and future-focused
- Well–organized, ensuring that all deliverables are met on time with excellent results and anticipates implementation or workload issues related to emerging developments
- Demonstrates integrity and the highest ethical standards in all aspects
- Ability to learn complex systems, process quickly and be able to convey that knowledge to others
- Ability to handle tight deadlines and work in a high paced demanding environment
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Telecommunications industry experience
WHY JOIN US?
We aspire to contemporary ways of working.
We are committed to being a leader in defining a new way to work because we recognize the changing mindset of today's workforce. We meet you where you are...wherever you are, by providing sensible remote and hybrid work arrangements. Why? Because our purpose is to reimagine how people work, learn, play and connect!
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits.
Our benefits and paid time off programs reflect our underlying belief in promoting overall wellness through physical, emotional and financial health. We are committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the center of our grounding belief in Being Real.
When we bring our authentic selves to work, everyone is better as a result. A diverse team helps us be fierce advocates for more accessible, inclusive and high-quality internet, because we believe doing so promotes equity in the communities we serve.
Brightspeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please be advised that Brightspeed (Connect Holding LLC) requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to the Company’s legal obligations including potentially accommodating an employee’s sincerely held religious beliefs or medical condition.