IT Support Specialist at Curriculum Associates
The Support Systems Specialist will deliver effective tier 1 support to users, partners, and key stakeholders in a timely, professional, and customer-oriented demeanor. The Support Systems Specialist will serve as the primary point for incoming support inquiries and ensure the reliability and operation of various end-user computing systems. This person will actively use our KACE ticketing system to effectively manage support issues and communicate/document issues for escalation to support groups within Curriculum Associates.
The Impact You'll Have:
- Provide technical assistance and day-to-day support for local and remote incoming inquiries related but not limited to computer systems, software, hardware, printers, and phones.
- Walk through the problem-solving process with staff both local and remote and respond via email, KACE ticketing system, and phone after leveraging diagnostic programs and other utilities to find resolutions to problems.
- Help the team document processes and procedures, including troubleshooting steps, and write end-user instructional manuals, guides and knowledge base articles to post and maintain on our KACE service desk portal.
- Ensure timely processing of On/Off boarding staff (i.e., new hire/termination process).
- Utilize existing Curriculum Associates policies and procedures and apply in support situations as required.
- Assist with system patching and coordinate with the IT Infrastructure team on larger scale upgrades, deployments and security initiatives.
What You Bring:
- Have strong organizational skills, problem-solving skills, and are detail orientated.
- Have strong customer service skills with high concern for customer satisfaction.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Knowledge of Helpdesk Applications (e.g., KACE, Druva inSync, Sophos SafeGuard, etc.).
- Experience providing tier 1 support with in-depth knowledge of desktop/application troubleshooting.
- MS Office 365 Productivity Suite, (e.g., Skype for Business, OneDrive, etc.) both past and current, with aptitude to pick up new application support quickly.
- Basic understanding of networking concepts, including: DNS, DHCP, and TCPIP and how it relates to the desktop environment.
- Experience with desktop maintenance tools (e.g., built-in Mac tools, diagnostics tools, CCleaner, etc.).
- Experience with Active Directory user and group administration.
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment where priorities shift to meet the needs of the organization.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in IT-related field or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years' experience in IT Support Services, PC, Mac troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Experience with telephony systems and contact center management.
- Microsoft/Apple Certifications preferred.