IT Support Engineer at Zipline
Do you want to change the world? Zipline uses drones to deliver critical and lifesaving medicine to thousands of hospitals serving millions of people in multiple countries. Our mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. Join Zipline and help us make this a reality for billions of people.About You and The Role
Zipline believes access to medical care should not depend on your GPS coordinates. We are at the forefront of a logistics revolution, using autonomous aircraft to deliver just-in-time, lifesaving medical supplies on 3 continents around the world right now, 7 days a week. Are you interested in playing a crucial role for 200 million people that depend on our deliveries for their lives?
As an IT Support Engineer at Zipline, you will use your technical skills and top notch customer service to provide support for computer hardware, networking, operating systems, and application software. You can troubleshoot and solve straightforward problems that do not already have documentation and create it when needed. You will be crucial to our business ensuring we are driving our mission forward and that our teams are running as smooth as they can to deliver every life saving package as efficiently as possible.What You'll Do
- Ensure follow-through with customers and drive issues to resolution
- Write and implement technical guides to resolve basic issues and understand common workflows
- Analyze IT Support inquiries to identify recurring user problems, recommend solutions, identify areas where service can be improved, and establish improvement plans
- Evaluate and implement policies and procedures regarding how user inquiries are identified, received, documented, distributed, and corrected
- Experience in a customer-facing position in the past
- Experience with troubleshooting AV equipment
- 2+ Years of experience in one or more of the following: Microsoft Administration, Linux Administration
- 2+ years or experience with networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP
- 2+ years of experience in PC repair, troubleshooting, deployment, and liquidation
- You can communicate effectively (verbally and in writing) and build strong relationships with internal business teams and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of Networking and HTTP/S Protocol
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our own sensibilities.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!