IT Manager II - Finance Business Relationship at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
IT Manager II - Finance Business Relationship
Do you see the power of alignment between finance, accounting, and information technology? Are you a change agent looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity? Can you facilitate the change required to implement the vision of the future? If you can answer yes to any or all these questions, we would like you to consider the following opportunity.
This role is a senior-level, strategic business partner who shares ownership for understanding business strategy of the Finance strategic support unit (SSU) related to information technology needs and direction; and provides technology guidance to ensure needs and capabilities are tied together to drive business value results. They work to identify ways in which ITS can support and advance business objectives in alignment with ITS strategy and capabilities while reducing IT and business barriers. This role will be specifically tied to the Finance SSU.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop relationships with clients for Strategic Business Unit (SBU)/Strategic Support Units (SSU) partnership.
- Align different business and IT strategies for enhanced productivity, including defining key strategies for IT delivery in the specific SBU/SSU.
- Clearly understands SBU/SSU strategic plan and ensures that ITS roadmaps align for execution.
- Help evaluate IT project objectives and analyzes new business initiatives.
- Facilitate development and maintenance of detailed business plans for SBU/SSU projects.
- Work with project managers to provide business, project and IT improvement data to stakeholders.
- Work with Finance leadership on annual IT budgets and forecasts supporting the SBU/SSU.
- Stays abreast of recent industry trends; works closely with architects to understand new technology trends and forecast future IT infrastructure requirements
- Work with management in developing timely solutions for SBU/SSU requirements, provide ITS responses
- Assist in accepting, prioritizing, tracking and completing SBU/SSU operational requests and escalations.
- Support and maintain alignment with enterprise level ITS to leverage expertise and capacity across the business.
- Work to communicate and understand concerns related to IT services across departments.
- Participate in leadership of organization, not just direct reports.
- Establish, define, and communicate effective roles, responsibilities, and associated performance expectations. Position all staff for success, provide coaching, career development, succession planning, forecast staffing needs, provide performance reviews, and job assignments.
- Identify and address inefficiencies in the ITS procedures and processes and establish best practices.
- Provide exceptional customer service, clear communication and consistently follow-up on issues and projects as required.
- Support organizational communications with a focus on organizational change management.
- Develop and manage departmental budgets including estimating cost of large ITS projects, capital requests and managing software licenses for enterprise applications.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 10 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- High level of leadership and management skills to set direction, create goals in alignment with business requirements and timelines, prioritize operational and project tasks, and enforce accountability.
- Strong customer service, accountability, professionalism and interpersonal skill.
- Possess strong critical thinking skills that result in effective decision making and priority setting.
- Drive for results and executional excellence.
- Team building skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills.
- Must be comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Comfortable operating at a fast pace.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented.
- Budgeting/cost estimating experience.
- Experience with popular finance and accounting tools implementation and support a plus.
- ITS technical skills are a plus.
- Finance industry/technical skills are a plus.
- Familiarity with A&D industry and associated program execution processes a plus.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $118,500 - $163,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.