Clearance Requirement: A current, active Top Secret security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Help Desk/ Deskside Specialist I
Help Desk Support will provide first-level remote support troubleshooting issues and/or escalating to the next level if unable to resolve. Responsible for executing on pre-determined requests from end-user. Deskside Support performs a variety of computer systems administration and support tasks Examples for both may include: analyzing, constructing, documenting, testing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and supporting of PC hardware, operating systems, software applications, peripherals, and communication devices for the entire organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform a variety of project tasks and requires good communications skills with the ability to work with users diplomatically and skillfully.
- Exercise judgment and decision making in the diagnosis and resolution of computer hardware and software problems.
- May act as a lead worker in the Technical Support area coordinating efforts amongst other team members.
- Solve computer workstation problems following established policies and procedures.
- Maintain appropriate documentation records (both hardcopy and on-line).
- May develop procedures for the efficient operation of the help desk functions and participates in process improvement activities.
- Maintain documentation records to log and track problems and resolutions as appropriate.
- Consistently provide basic IT-related troubleshooting and end-user support.
- Solve IT-related issues and execute predefined requests per established policies and procedures.
- Leverage tools and processes in place to quickly and effectively resolve end-user questions or issues.
- Create or update knowledge base articles to reflect current data and processes. Archive outdated knowledge articles as older processes become obsolete.
- Answer and record all phone calls directed to the help desk; maintain documentation records to log and track problems and resolutions as appropriate.
- Participate in the Help Desk call center queue and consistently meet call center metrics
- As a first level of IT troubleshooting, provide phone support to end user and escalate to other IT teams as needed.
- Remotely troubleshoot personal computer and peripheral equipment.
- Operate company owned vehicles as required.
Maintain valid driver’s license and good motor vehicle record.
- Troubleshoot network and voice-related issues, repair personal computer and peripheral equipment problems to the board, device or component levels as appropriate.
- Receiving equipment and conducting inventory.
- Trouble-shoot and repair personal computer and peripheral equipment problems to the board, device or component levels as appropriate.
- Travel to various (assigned) Ball campuses to perform field work in customer facing role.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 4 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 2 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A current, active Top Secret security clearance is required.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $19.71 - $26.44 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.