As Atlassian expands its product portfolio, and continues to grow, we need an experienced Channel Programs leader who can help us accelerate growth with our Channel Partners all the while making sure that the strategy is aligned with our other go-to-market routes such as web and direct sales. Atlassian has a revolutionized selling enterprise software through its low to no-touch sales model. We are looking for a leader who values this as much as we do, and sees an opportunity to continue to innovate with the business model.
Atlassian's channel continues to grow in all directions. Our partners are growing and we are adding new and larger partners regularly with different business models. We are seeking a senior, partner program leader who has built global partner programs that encompass recruitment, enablement and marketing, while supporting the needs of small and large partners alike. Scalability is key to all program aspects as our channel is globally dispersed and the channel team is proactively recruiting new partners.
More about you
In this role, you will:
1. Run the Channel Programs organization (including cost center responsibility) globally at Atlassian who is responsible for recognizing and motivating our channel partners by:
- Defining partner route to market categories and associated requirements and benefits
- Driving our development funds program (DF) and other financial incentives such as discounts and opportunity registration programs
- Creating programs that support channel go to market efforts including accreditations, specializations, demand generation / leads, and product benefits for internal use and evals
- Architect pipeline acceleration programs such as Deal Registration, rebates, and other performance based rewards
- Conducting research to aid program and other corporate decision making
- Developing a best in class partner experience that is engaging for Partners and supports effective interactions and business processes.
- Managing our many larger partner focused events
2. Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as Enablement, Marketing, Services, Support, Corporate Events, Operations, IT to define and influence the engagement, resources, and support required to deliver integrated programs and/or benefits within the Atlassian Partner Program not directly managed by the Channel Programs organization.
- Play at a team!
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 15+ years of related channel programs or channel marketing experience.
- BA/BS degree in Marketing, Business, Finance or equivalent experience preferred. A Master's Degree in Business or Marketing is a plus.
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership skills with the ability to create and drive vision across organizations.
- Set the strategy for channel partner programs to support Atlassian's business objectives.
- Have accountability for the design and effectiveness of the end to end Atlassian Partner Program (strategies, frameworks, processes, planning, procedures and policies for all programs).
- Have fiscal responsibility for program utilization and forecasting.
- Have managed a programs organization and supporting teams to deliver against objectives and achieve key results established for your organization.
- Be highly organized, analytical, data driven, and experienced at creating business plans to justify program decisions.
- Understand the financial impact our channel programs have to our channel partners.
- Foster collaboration between teams to deliver integrated go to market campaigns and initiatives needed to achieve results.
- Establish standards for measuring partner experience, engagement, and satisfaction as measures of commitment to Atlassian.
- Have a really good playbook of channel programs and initiatives, but also are open to creating new plays to be successful in Atlassian's unique business model.
- Drive consistency across your programs, yet understand the differences in doing business across the regions.
- Deliver dashboards, reports and charts to communicate and inform your team on progress and initiatives.
More about our team
This position reports to the Head of Global Channels and works closely with Operations, IT, Legal, Product, Marketing, Sales and Channel leaders. The channel team is tasked with recruitment, enablement and go-to-market with partners representing Americas, EMEA and APAC. Not to mention, you will be working with over 700 global channel partners and ensuring that our program supports their businesses. The Global Channels team is part of the broader sales team, which has a very unique approach to selling. Most of our sales are done via credit card over the web - customers don't have to speak with anyone if they do not want to. Everything is transparent - including pricing and access to product. We do have teams that speak directly with customers, but we do not negotiate price nor contracts as we believe we provide the best product and the very best price. We are highly focused on customer satisfaction and success. #LI-AS3
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.