Head of Automation & Carpentry - Blue Man Group Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV)
| Las Vegas, NV
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
***Le poste étant situé aux États-Unis, la description de poste est disponible uniquement en anglais.***
***As this position in based in the United States, the job description is available in English only.***
Head of Automation & Carpentry
Blue Man Group is seeking a Head of Automation & Carpentry to join its Las Vegas production. The Head of Automation & Carpentry serves as a key member of the Production team and reports directly to the Production Manager.
Role & Responsibilities:
· The Head of Automation & Carpentry is responsible for the day to day management of the Automation & Carpentry Departments, including overseeing the crew show running positions for the Blue Man Vegas show.
· Oversee all technical and safety aspects of these departments, including the construction, repair, purchase and maintenance of all automation, rigging, and scenic elements.
· Participates in the hiring, training, corrective action, termination, evaluation, performance development and scheduling of all members of the departments.
· Participate in the creation and maintenance of Blue Man Group’s health and safety culture.
Skills & Qualifications:
· Effective oral and written communication skills are essential, as are interpersonal skills. Fluency in spoken and written English essential. The ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues is required. Demonstrated project management abilities and leadership skills are required. Thorough knowledge of theatrical technologies is required. The ability to work effectively in a team environment is required. Knowledge of Microsoft applications for Windows
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; AutoCAD, and PDF creation; and other internal technical and management systems is necessary. Must be able to create professional documentation concerning the construction, repair, and maintenance of scenic elements. The ability to work with frequent, established deadlines is required. Organizational and analytical skills are required. The ability to work effectively with diverse populations is required. The ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals is required. Company Member development and performance management skills are essential.
· Extensive knowledge behind the mechanics of theatrical automated and rigging systems. Understanding the type of equipment utilized in automated show control including control consoles, motor control and safety systems. Prior experience operating an automation show console for multiple axes preferred. Basic knowledge of power transmission components, pneumatics, and electricity. Having a general knowledge of metal shop work and woodshop work and demonstrating the safe utilization of various shop machine and hand tools. Experience with the operation of various lifts including, fork trucks, articulating booms, scissor and single man lifts. Must be able to demonstrate potential to develop proficiency in maintaining and troubleshooting unique Blue Man Group-designed equipment and technology.
Education and/or Experience
· The position requires 5+ years of progressive experience in a technical management position with a focus on carpentry and/or automation on large-scale theatrical productions, touring productions, or special events. A Bachelor’s degree in Theatre or related field is desired.
This is a full-time, salaried role, working flexible days and hours. Competitive benefits package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), and Paid Time Off.
Blue Man Group is a global entertainment phenomenon, known for its award-winning theatrical productions, iconic characters, and multiple creative explorations. Blue Man Group is owned and operated by Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group.
Blue Man Group performances are euphoric celebrations of human connection through art, music, comedy, and non-verbal communication. Since debuting at New York’s Astor Place Theatre in 1991, the live show has expanded to additional domestic residencies in Boston, Chicago, and Las Vegas, an international residency in Berlin, and multiple North American and World tours, reaching more than 35 million people worldwide. Blue Man Group is universally appealing to a broad range of age groups and cultural backgrounds, and continually injected with new music, fresh stories, custom instruments, and sensory stimulating graphics.
Blue Man Group is committed to building a creative and dynamic workplace that celebrates individual differences and diversity and treats everyone with fairness and respect. BMG does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local regulations.
Read Full Job Description