Global Supply Chain Development Specialist at Octopus Energy (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:16 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, August 25, 2022
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
We’re spearheading the transition to greener, cheaper energy through the installation of in-home technologies; from smart meters and electric car chargers; to low carbon heating, home batteries, solar, and beyond. Utilising Octopus’ awesome tech power, we deliver smart energy solutions for our customers.
We're looking for someone to lead our global commercial, procurement, and supply chain development for one or more of our residential low carbon tech product lines across Heat Pumps, Solar PV or Battery Storage.
We're looking for someone who has experience leading commercial and supply chain development activities. You will have come from a supplier facing role within low carbon technology.
What you'll do
- Lead our global commercial, procurement, and supply chain development for one or more of our residential low carbon tech product lines across Heat Pumps, Solar PV or Battery Storage.
- Lead sourcing activities for predominantly high value, strategic requirements covering low carbon tech across one or more countries.
- Work closely with wider areas of the business to drive creative commercial solutions and bring to market hardware products that our customers love.
- Develop scalable solutions the enable our in-house supply chain to become a source of competitive advantage, helping our customers to decarbonise their homes faster and cheaper.
What you'll need
- Experience of leading commercial and supply chain development activities in a supplier facing role within the residential low carbon tech space.
- Commercially sharp, understanding key supplier and market drivers and proactively able to make connections on seemingly unrelated areas.
- Entrepreneurial drive. You will have a growth and customer first mindset
- Resilience. We love to take the non-conformist routes, push boundaries and break market norms. By doing so, we’ll prob take some knocks on the way, but end up building some groundbreaking stuff.
- Comfortable working at speed in a start-up culture, with the ability to lead commercial activities in an ever-changing environment.
- Good at managing what you've got going on, we’re only human, but generally you can juggle a lot of balls and focus on what’s important
- Flexibility to travel 2-3 days a week (with occasional international travel).
- Ability to speak another European language would be great!
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.
More Information on Octopus Energy
Octopus Energy operates in the Energy industry. The company is located in Houston, TX. Octopus Energy was founded in 2015. It has 724 total employees. To see all 29 open jobs at Octopus Energy, click here.
Read Full Job Description