General Manager at Opendoor
| San Francisco, CA
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:25 p.m. (CST) on Friday, August 13, 2021
Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About our City Offices:
Our company is national, but many parts of what we do are local: we’re in the business of buying and selling homes. Our customers are also local: they look for a new home in a particular neighborhood or school district, and they sell in the same way. Our local offices are responsible for understanding and serving the local market and all of the homes we buy and sell there.
About the Role:
As the General Manager — San Francisco Bay Area you will have ultimate responsibility for our success including owning operations and strategy implementation to make Opendoor the best way for people to buy and sell homes. You will lead and inspire a cross-functional organization to drive growth, ensure a delightful customer experience for both sellers and buyers, and oversee efficient daily operations. This role is highly collaborative; you will interact with our leadership team in San Francisco and in other cities across the nation.
As General Manager, you will:
- Hire and manage a local team. You’ll monitor team productivity, manage them to goals, and drive workplace and cultural norms that align with our company values.
- Drive a delightful customer experience: you’ll work with your team to build and implement processes that inspire trust, from the moment a customer first connects with Opendoor to the moment we close. You’ll be maniacal about reviews and customer feedback.
- Be an internal champion for the San Francisco Bay Area: you’ll represent the office to our HQ in San Francisco and other offices, and agitate when you see things that need solving.
- Drive our growth strategy in San Francisco, partnering with Finance to set goals, with Marketing & PR to execute across growth channels, and product teams to roll out new products and features (e.g., Buy with Opendoor)
- Be the external face of Opendoor in San Francisco: you’ll represent Opendoor to local press and important industry partners and vendors.
- Own our performance metrics in San Francisco you’ll monitor key metrics on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis and dig into root causes to understand and address emerging trends
- Own the P&L for the San Francisco Bay region: you’ll oversee everything from acquiring to renovating and reselling homes in San Francisco (and adjacent markets as we expand), and you’ll partner with teams like Marketing to influence spend to achieve profitable growth targets
We’re looking for teammates who have:
- At least 10+ years of experience in metrics-based operations or general management
- At least 2+ years of experience running a business or business unit
- Experience leading a cross-functional team, including working closely with operators
- Experience working and leading a team of 10+ in a high-growth company
- Demonstrated leadership abilities - capable of motivating and inspiring a team to hit aspirational targets
- Passion for real estate
- Understand how to grow a team
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time as we launch adjacent markets
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in real estate
- You’ve lived in San Francisco for at least 2 years
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Read Full Job Description