Under limited supervision performs clerical office work such as mail and document processing scanning and distribution filing photocopying record keeping and report compilation which requires independent analysis. Requires detailed knowledge of department and/or area procedures related to work performed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Accountable for receiving classifying reconciling interpreting consolidating and/or summarizing documents and information utilizing standard office equipment.
- Maintains files and records of documents processed.
- Collaborates with supported business to prepare and compiles reports within prescribed guidelines gathering data from a variety of sources.
- Remain externally focused when interfacing with customers suppliers or company employees outside the immediate work area on a regular basis to give or exchange information.
- May sort deliver and pick up mail files and/or other documents for designated areas.
- May back up other general clerks.
- May process and submit time entry reports.
Typically Supervisor or Manager
Skills Knowledge and Abilities
- Good written and verbal communication skills including professional phone etiquette.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software systems.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma GED or equivalent experience and some additional training after high school.
- Typically a minimum one to two years general clerical experience in an office environment.