Thyme Care is an oncology digital health start-up that’s focused on radically improving the cancer experience with early and ongoing intervention. We help members, caregivers, clinicians, health plans, and employers by coordinating integrated care that leads to better results, lower costs, and aligned incentives. Every Thyme Care member is assigned a personalized team of physician-guided oncology nurses and resource specialists who provide education, guidance, and advocacy as they navigate the complex healthcare system. We facilitate quick access to quality resources and high-value care, coordinating directly with providers and offering support every step of the way. Our high-touch, tech-enabled model generates actionable insights that allow us to identify at-risk members earlier and offer them the most relevant support based on where they are in their cancer journey—closing gaps in care and eliminating excess spend.
As an Enrollment Specialist, you will be on the frontlines serving members diagnosed with cancer, as an advocate who informs them about Thyme Care and how we can support them in their care journey. This role reports into our VP of Clinical Operations, and in it you will spend a significant portion of your time completing inbound and outbound phone conversations and interactions with members to enroll them in the Thyme Care program. In addition, you will listen to needs, surface goals and priorities, and assist our care team by helping them understand needs of the members we enroll and serve. You will help us improve Thyme Care’s service offerings by communicating the feedback from members, caregivers, and providers back to our leadership team. This role will begin as a contract (3 months) with an opportunity to convert to a full time position.
After your first three months you will:
- Have completed training and are up to speed on Thyme Care systems, tools, technology, partners, and the Care team.
- Have begun contacting members to inform them of Thyme Care’s services and ways we can support them as they begin their cancer care journey. You’re also building strong, trusting relationships with your members, where listening and empathy are the foundation for every interaction you have with them.
- Be able to explain the benefits of Thyme Care’s program and services in such a way that both members and caregivers understand how we can help them, at no cost to them, and enroll them in our program.
- Your goal will be to enroll 30 members a week.
On an ongoing basis you will:
- Become an invaluable partner to our members, ensuring everyone that can benefit from our program understands the value of enrollment.
- You’ve helped the Thyme Care team improve our products and services in tangible ways by relaying real feedback from members and providers back to our Product and Care teams. You are constantly on the lookout to improve effectiveness and quality of our work with members.
WHAT LEADS TO SUCCESS
- People-first. Thyme Care’s mission and members matter to you, deeply. You’re passionate about assisting people and their families during one of the most challenging seasons in their lives.
- Expertise. Deep experience in service-oriented roles in relevant fields that require persuasive communication skills.
- Effective listener and communicator. You are winsome and articulate, but you always start with listening and you hear what may not be voiced, because you listen so intently to others. You build rapport and great working relationships with members and colleagues.
- Comfort with ambiguity. You have a proven track record of success within scaling businesses, fast-paced environments, and/or startups. You understand that rapid changes to the business, strategy, organization, and priorities is par for the course.
- A desire to learn how to use new technologies. We are a technology company focused on interacting with folks during the season where they need it most. Experience with video chatting, Google Suite, Slack, electronic health records or comfort with learning new software applications is important. Don’t worry if you don’t know how to use tools like the ones listed above yet, our team will be excited to help you learn.
- Comfortable with travel. You are able to travel for training and meetings 4-5 times each year.
- Bias to action. You’re a self-starter and don’t need anyone to tell you when to do something.You’re always solving problems and going the extra mile for others.
We are committed to promoting the health and well-being of all individuals. As a provider of cancer care navigation, we recognize that those with cancer constitute a vulnerable population at risk of contracting COVID-19. As such, Thyme Care has adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, requiring all employees to receive a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, subject only to conflicting laws and approved exemptions based on medical or religious objections.
In addition, we recognize a history of inequality in health care. We’re here to challenge these systems with a culture of inclusion through the care we give and the company we build. We embrace and celebrate a diversity of perspectives in reflection of our members and the patients our products serve. We are an equal opportunity employer.